Yosh R22 muffler and Cobra Fi2000R install

mdfdbusa

Registered
Hey folks, been more of a voyeur here, but for what it's worth just wanted to give a quick review.
I wanted to keep my '05 basicaly stock, but needed to get rid of the unsightly stock cans.
I liked the unique look of the Yosh R-22s so I ordered it. To take care of any lean conditions, I decided to try the Cobra Fi2000R. Yes, I know about the PC3. I also have a Yamaha Warrior cruiser that has a Patrick Racing 110 ci big bore and high comp pistons that I use the PC3 with. After all the dyno time and tuning, I wanted something simpler for the basic mod I did to the Hayabusa.
So as I installed the parts today, I was apprehensive about screwing up the performance/idling characteristics of the Busa. After all, I only have 930 miles on the bike.
I am pleased to report the bike is running great! Overall, the bike feels more responsive rolling off idle and thru midrange. Sounds and looks great! Installation was a breeze for the Cobra. The Yosh was a little more time consuming as the bolts I received were all the same length. The instructions and parts list specifies one shorter bolt for each of the three bolts per muffler. This was not the case for me. I received all the same length bolts and there was not enough threaded space in the new mufler to completely tighten the bolts. I added some washers. No big deal, but annoying nevertheless.
Overall I'm pretty happy with what I've done to the bike.
Oh btw, yosh included two stickers. I'm not one for decals, but these are prety kewl. Should I or shouldn't I put the decals on? And if so, where?

Vic - yeah I know the decals are not for the can. I can't decide if I want it on the plastic anywhere.

Nitro - I'll try to post a pic as soon as I wash her. It's kinda cold here, so I wasn't very anxious to spend too much time in the garage.

Need to do my clear alternatives taillight on my Warrior tomorrow. Perhaps I'll snap a few pics.

thanx!

Vic - yeah I know the decals are not for the can.  I can't decide if I want it on the plastic anywhere.
I can decide for you if that what you want.
smile.gif

HELL NO !!!!!

She is pretty without stinky decals....

One of the biggest points I decided to get R22 is that no stupid yosh red decals on the cans.

you can start your decals collection, every little thingy I bought for my baby came with a decal of some sort.
You can put them on your track or trailer or even better garage wall. How `bout that?

Hey folks, been more of a voyeur here, but for what it's worth just wanted to give a quick review.
I wanted to keep my '05 basicaly stock, but needed to get rid of the unsightly stock cans.
I liked the unique look of the Yosh R-22s so I ordered it.  To take care of any lean conditions, I decided to try the Cobra Fi2000R.  Yes, I know about the PC3.  I also have a Yamaha Warrior cruiser that has a Patrick Racing 110 ci big bore and high comp pistons that I use the PC3 with.  After all the dyno time and tuning, I wanted something simpler for the basic mod I did to the Hayabusa.
So as I installed the parts today, I was apprehensive about screwing up the performance/idling characteristics of the Busa.  After all, I only have 930 miles on the bike.
I am pleased to report the bike is running great!  Overall, the bike feels more responsive rolling off idle and thru midrange.  Sounds and looks great!  Installation was a breeze for the Cobra.  The Yosh was a little more time consuming as the bolts I received were all the same length.  The instructions and parts list specifies one shorter bolt for each of the three bolts per muffler.  This was not the case for me.  I received all the same length bolts and there was not enough threaded space in the new mufler to completely tighten the bolts.  I added some washers.  No big deal, but annoying nevertheless.  
Overall I'm pretty happy with what I've done to the bike.
Oh btw, yosh included two stickers.  I'm not one for decals, but these are prety kewl.  Should I or shouldn't I put the decals on?  And if so, where?
so how are you going to lean out the bike with the Cobra 2000 or cobra FI or TFI or MPS fast FI or Thunder FI or whatever the new name of the month is for the same unit???

thanx all for the welcome.
Johnny, as far as leaning out the bike, I thought it ran rather lean stock.  I only plan on doing minor mods like the exhaust, perhaps intake.  All of which requires a little richer (than stock) setting if I'm not mistaken.  Am I missing something?
Also, the new Fi2000r has the factory connectors on them so no vampire clips or soldering required.  It was pretty simple and easy!

On my Warrior with the 110 ci, I had the PC3 and tuned on the dyno for several hours.  I was able to get around 22 more hp and 20 more torque than stock 102 ci motor.  I seem to get backfires from time to time, but the color of my pipes seem to indicate rich.  The pro who tuned the PC3 for me said that was the best he could do.  Luv the incredible torque my Warrior has around 1800 rpm.  Pretty crazy for a laid back cruiser! I'm happy with it after all that work.
Call me lazy, but I just don't feel like going through all that on the Busa - she is plenty fast as it is....

<!--EDIT|mdfdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137131177 -->

warriors have a flaw on the tps which causes this when you slam the throttle close it shuts off the injectors took for ever till I fiqured out how to fix that. POS yamaha "the way it should be" NOT!!!
busas run Rich except for 2500-3200 rpm then the are lean thank you EPA

busas run Rich except for 2500-3200 rpm then the are lean thank you EPA [/QUOTE]
Why lean in such a narrow band? 55-65mph at that rpm in 6'th gear perhaps?

Back