Yoke Protection From Keys Etc.

jchbusa

Registered
My keys consist of

The chain lock
The DataTool Fob
The House Key

On previous bikes the yoke has suffered because of the constant abrasion of these as riding and it has scrubbed the paint down to the metal which isn't a desirable outcome.
So wondering how people over come this?

2019-11-15 21_33_06-hayabusa gen 1 gauges - Google Search.jpg

Leather ‘fob’ and only the ignition key. Won’t need any other keys until I get home unless I’m parking it like at a motel where I use the RoadLok pin to lock the rear rotor and it’s key to remove it but they're also in my pocket or tail bag or seat bag.

Yeah, mine is an inspection tag off a vehicle I had overseas.

Many have the "Remove Before Flight" cloth fobs that look ok too...
Yeah, mine is an inspection tag off a vehicle I had overseas.

Many have the "Remove Before Flight" cloth fobs that look ok too...
When he said fob he meant a remote of sorts like for a car alarm. The remote for my led lights is the only other thing on my busa key and I put a small piece of velcro on it and my triple tree so its in a spot that I can reach for those times that the ride turns a little aggressive and don't need a red glow singling me out.

When he said fob he meant a remote of sorts like for a car alarm. The remote for my led lights is the only other thing on my busa key and I put a small piece of velcro on it and my triple tree so its in a spot that I can reach for those times that the ride turns a little aggressive and don't need a red glow singling me out.

Before the introduction of the electronic "fobs" the word fob described an attachment for keys like a key chain, etc...

I can see how that can be confusing, I was driving quite a while before there was such a thing as an electronic key fob.

Before the introduction of the electronic "fobs" the word fob described an attachment for keys like a key chain, etc...

I can see how that can be confusing, I was driving quite a while before there was such a thing as an electronic key fob.
I figured, I've heard both called a fob so I figured he hadn't when he questioned the "cloth fob"

Gotcha, tracking now....

We are all on the same page now I think...it must be Friday night.
Think it's Friday, with my winter no riding depression setting in all the days are just blending together as one long miserable one. Just very impatiently sitting waiting for it to get warm again so I can ride.

Think it's Friday, with my winter no riding depression setting in all the days are just blending together as one long miserable one. Just very impatiently sitting waiting for it to get warm again so I can ride.

Yep, only 5 or 6 months to go around here until riding is a reality...

Thanks guys for the tips and suggestions.
I will have to ride with just the key and the FOB covered in something nice and soft.
I need to put the alarm FOB with the ign key because I can see (at my age) getting to the bike with the ign key but no alarm FOB cos I left it somewhere then would be stuffed.
I am wondering if DataTool do a keypad thing which stays on the bike then wouldn't have to carry a alarm FOB

Back