yet another undertail thread

argyle66

Registered
was looking at the stock fender and looking into cutting it off

I was drawing a line out that left a lip of plastic to move the licence plate up as far as it will go

then I drew a line around the turn signals and was thinking of leaving them in place

my question has anyone doe that before and will the left over fender be strong enough to support the turn signals

I think I can do it fairly cleanly with a heavy exacto blade and a file

I know this thread has been kicked and beaten to death... but having no search has left to ask this

thanks in advance as always awesome group

Ummmmmmmmmmm, No to the exacto knife!!!!!

Use a dremel instead. Chances are the knife will only break and you will be lucky not to cut yourself of a section of the bike not being cut off!
For your last question yes it will support the signals but at that point I would look in to the shorty style!
Would just look alot cleaner, and don't forget to post up pics when you are done!!!

you can shorten up your stock signals,cut them in a angle. remount with a long bolt. 05busa is right, use the dremel.

It has been done with an exacto knife and a Dremel. The Dremel makes it easier 'cause the exacto takes several passes. Shortening and angling the turn signals works well also.

ok well went around it another way... first of all I have no dremel.....yet

heres the pics of the procedure and am happy with the zero dollar result

let me know what you think, that plastic is very strong so will hold the signals

not really sure what you mean by cutting signals at an angle and how far back??? pics and details details please

I basically scribed where I wanted to cut, then drilled along the line...then a sharp heavy duty cutting blade made easy work , basically connected the dots... then the hard part came.. I cut the little nobbys off with the blade and filed what was left and then finish it off with medium grit emory cloth ( all I had ) took about 1 hr and 15 min to do... left a tab for the licence plate holder and moved it up as far as it would go... drilling two holes in the left over plastic

done.. looks clean but am anxious to see what you mean with the signals, would be nice to bring them in closer to the bike

thanks for the advice

use the knife for sure. there is no chance of it braking.  Well sorry i meant to say if you use a razor knife not a exacto. it cuts it like butter.

the bike is a 2006 red/black two brothers exhaust , swapped foot rests, kanji triple tree mod, seats are in for tobins as we speak, M1 sportec Metzelers

the_bike.jpg

the left over bit

ok now fill me on how to bring the signals in... detail please

WOW my bike is so dirty... this camera shows everything... looks better in person
smile.gif
smile.gif

leftover.jpg

smile.gif

Back