Yet another stealership story

Fire95Z28

Registered
Well i went to the dealership today and priced an 07 Busa. WOW I had no idea how much these things went up since 2005. These people have been hittin the crackpipe and I mean hard. I would never reccommend this place for anything not even to put airr in my tire. My father has had a bad run in with them and my buddy who was dumb enough to buy a bike from them had nothing but trouble.

First I will tell you all the dealers name. It is Chicago Sport and Cycle in Midlothian,IL. I would stay away at all cost. Anyhow to my fathers story. he brought his Goldwing in for a recall. Mind you this dealer is supposed to honor all 4. Anyways they broke the battery cover nub I guess you would call it and cracked the cover. Then had the nerve to tell him that this was his problem!!!!!!

Okay i say all dealers aren't perfect. So my friend buys a kaw mean streak from them. Ok he pays 11,000 dolars for this big V-Twin. I guess that isn't too bad right. Well the least they could have done after waiting 2 hours for the salesman to NOT be SOOOOO busy is CLEAN THE DAYUM BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe even add a little gas so we could make it down the street without the bike sputtering? HMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Anyways now to my story. I decide to entertain myself and ask about an 07 Busa. Now mind you I am ready to buy. Just haven't decided on a color yet. Anyways, I ask Adam Ant, er I mean the salesman what the price is on this Busa. He hits me with 11,2 or 11,3. I say out the door he says no you have to add on taxes and all the freight and setup and of course taxes. It came out to OVER 12,000 dollars. So I say to Adam and his Ant that was standing next to him You are NUTZ!! So he then plays the typical sales role and asks if I am ready to buy today. I say pal don't worry I am not gonna waste your time lets see if we can come to an agreement. So he then asks well how much do you wanna spend. I told him 10,500. I know that may be a couple hundred low but I wanted to low ball a little. He says let me talk to my boss. So like 15 min goes by and I am like WTF. Where is this guy? He comes back and says I will sell you the bike for 9999,plus 499 for freight and setup. Then I say to him how much out the door? He tells me 11,5. I go so you want me to beleive that there is 1500 in taxes? I go I will go 10,900 out the door. So then he goes let me see. Can you put money down today? I simply said to him I am not prepared to repeat my self for third time. Just do your dayum job. So another 15 min goes by. I finally have had enough I walk back to the office to where him and his boss are and tell them they are both nuts I am not getting ripped off on a bike I already own an 05 and I did not pay anywhere near 11,500. I said at least I know why know one is in here buying bikes with 5 inches of snow on the ground. Then the manager says well how much do you wanna pay I told him I was willing to go 10,900 but now I would only give 10,500 for the way that I was treated. He said by and I walked out the door.

I guess my point is to anyone who is in motorcycle sales. You never know who has the money. i may have looked a little on the bum side but I had plenty of plastic to back me UP!!!!! I am so sick and damn tired of dealers trying to rip off people. Claiming they will match price and everything else is a bunch of crap. They are the highest anywhere. Anyways I just wanted to let people know before they get wrapped up with these crooks who they were.

sounds to me like a typical stealership crap. All those extra fee's they throw in are bogus. They get the bike at a flat msrp, anything after that is take home to the stealership. I rather stick with the smaller shops, as they tend to actually care about you and your buisness and not blow you off like that.

They don't get the bike at msrp. They get the bike at dealer invoice. MSRP already includes a healthy profit for them.

Stay away from them, Willies World and Chicago Cycles.

The cheapest/best place is South Suburban Suzuki in Chicago Heights. Second place is Watseka Suzuki Honda Kawasaki in Watseka Illinois.

hehe... I can get you OTD with an 06 around here for right at 10K.

just pay my fuel and grub ... I'll meet ya 1/2 way.

all_coholic.gif

Road Trip,

Board sponsor 9429 for an 07! heck of a deal

(Professor @ Feb. 07 2007,06:49) Road Trip,

Board sponsor 9429 for an 07! heck of a deal
Dayum straight...... Family members have bought two Busa's from this dealer! A++++ and the price is not the only thing going. You get treated right....

Man keep looking I have seen places in Ohio FL and my home state of NY that are throwing them out the door at 10. 96 on the bike 400 in taxes and tags blah blah blah. Probably could get a little better to. Every dealer I talk to that actualy likes talking to customers says that the Busa's are not realy moving this year becuase of the 14 (that aint selling either) and the mythical 08 (which buy the way I hear is going to look like a unicorn). Keep looking brother. There is a dealer on Ebay that advertises almost every day "the bike every one wants and has to have" for 9495 or close to that. I think he is in Ohio.

(V8N3T @ Feb. 07 2007,01:34) sounds to me like a typical stealership crap. All those extra fee's they throw in are bogus. They get the bike at a flat msrp, anything after that is take home to the stealership. I rather stick with the smaller shops, as they tend to actually care about you and your buisness and not blow you off like that.
I bought my 03 up in Vegas with 2500 miles on the clock. The salesman new I was not BS ing him so I got the price down quite a bit.

What gets my goat is the title fees for them signing a name and the service fee.

I paid them and asked what service was done. Oil change, air pressure, bolt checking..smoke up my arse.

Got the bike home and a couple of days went by before a short ride.

10 pounds of air in tires, looked at the sight glass and oil was dirty and then the battery died 10 miles from home.

I played phone tag with them for a battery but never got one.

Moral of this story? Never buy anything from them again. In fact I will make it a point to stop by and tell them no way.

When you consider the money spent on gear, parts etc. It adds up to a lot of lost sales. Any members here want to PM me for name please do so. Would love to have my named dropped in there ear.

runeight...
guns.gif

I've got 2 dealerships I won't even walk in to anymore...pays to shop around, call dealerships out of your area...deals are out there and dealerships that won't treat you poorly do exist...

While dealers in my area were trying to sell off Busas that had been sitting on the floor for months in excess of $12K, we found a little shop in NC that had that exact same Busa for $9500 OTD...

Hmmmmm....no quams with my dealer. Hell, they treat me like a king . Giving me free stuff all the time etc. etc. Guess I'm lucky to live in this God Forsakin' State after all .
wink.gif

(Warputer @ Feb. 07 2007,10:59) Hmmmmm....no quams with my dealer. Hell, they treat me like a king . Giving me free stuff all the time etc. etc.  Guess I'm lucky to live in this God Forsakin' State after all .  
wink.gif
It's the little things
laugh.gif

I bought my 06 ltd from Pro Source last may for 10,250. They said they would sell me a standard for 10 out the door. BUT, I in no way want to be responsible for ever sending them another customer. It was to much work for them to ever give me an owners manual, so i'd hate to be responsible for sending them more work in a new bike deal. I would recommend going to Watseka also. Family lives in the Kankakee area and we've bought 3 four wheelers and mule from them and they've been very helpful. I went to Pro Source b/c I travel between my home and my folks and they are right in the middle and easy to get to. I with I had that choice back. I've never bought anything from South Suburban but I've heard good things.

Local shops are the way to go, they are staffed with riders like us and they understand that they need us to keep the doors open.

Once I find someone who will take care of me I am set.

Thats why I respect CloudNine, Street&Track, & Hyperbike
bowdown.gif

Yes I am so miffed by this whole thing. The problem is that South Suburban where I bought my first Busa no longer is Suzuki. So now I am venturing into having to do deal with some strokes. I will take the dayum bike in the crate and put it together myself. Actually I would rather it be that way. I don't trust many people when it comes down to it. So I wonder if anyone would selll me a bike still in the crate.

(Fire95Z28 @ Feb. 07 2007,12:24) Yes I am so miffed  by this whole thing. The problem is that South Suburban where I bought my first Busa no longer is Suzuki. So now I am venturing into having to do deal with some strokes. I will take the dayum bike in the crate and put it together myself. Actually I would rather it be that way. I don't trust many people when it comes down to it. So I wonder if anyone would selll me a bike still in the crate.
That sucks! Marty at South Suburban was a good guy. I bought a busa and a 600 from him. He always tried to sell me a Triumph, but always failed. Looks like I have to go to Watseka and see Russ again. I bought my first 600 from him. Stay away from the dealerships in the city, their taxes are too high and they want too much money.

bought my 02 limited jan of 03 9100 plus tax no setup fee or hidden costs
bought my 05 nov of 05 8995 plus tax no setup or hidden charges
montgomeryville cycle near phila. pa. dealer has always treated me right threw in some hats and shirts also

Am I missing something here? You offered the guy $10,900 out the door for an 07 Busa! WHY wouldn't you buy from a board sponser who's giving them away at
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>2006 Hayabusa = $8899
2007 Hayabusa = $9429</span>

For $1400 and some change I'd drive half-way across the US..........

If these guys treated your Dad and your friend like they did, why even waste your time with them?

I'm sure the board sponsors will treat you well.

Back