Yet Another Question On Titanium full Systems

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
I was all set to spend the bucks for the evo titanium Akropovic full system. So I called Hard Racing, they seem to have the best prices, and they told me the Ti Force full titanium system was just as good as the Akropovic. In fact, I was told that the Ti Force was actually a little better in fit and finish and with a PC3R included the price was about $300 cheaper. Further, I was told the performance increase would be the same on either system. I know this subject has been hashed and rehashed many times, but before I spend the big bucks I'd really like to know that I'm really getting the most for my money. I'm about ready to buy but I would really appreciate your feedback before I spend the money. Thanks...

Copperone, you'll never believe this, but when I bought my Akro Evo pipe from hard racing they wouldn't stop pushin' their Ti-force either! They swore it had better welds, was lighter and had less pieces than the Akro. Well they convinced me and mailed a Ti-force out. The welds are equally nice as the Akro,but I was not at all satisfied with the Ti-force. They sent a hi-pipe version out and claimed that you retain the rear pegs. Well, you do, except that the one on the right side is about 4" higher than the other, and they don't match. Needless to say I had to ship the Ti-force back and wait another week for the Akro.The worst part about a week later I ran into another Busa rider with the same Ti-force pipe on his bike that I had just returned, and yes he got it from Hard racing! It sound like crap and he was amazed at how the Akro sounds. Don't get me wrong Hard Racing is a great place to by from but it seems they have to many Ti-force pipes in stock and there tryin to move 'em DON'T BUY THE TI-FORCE STAY WITH THE AKRO-EVO.

Grabntwist, thanks for the feedback. I kind of felt like they were really pushing the Ti Force. I'm going to go ahead and get the Akropovic. Any mounting problems with the Akroprovic, or does it go on pretty much like clock work. Thanks again...

None worth mentioning. The only thing I had to do was grind down one of the bolts holding the rear wing (in front of the rear tire) because it was almost touching the pipe. Just make sure none of the plastic is touching or near the pipe. Use some hi-temp foil around areas that are close. Remember going from a dual to a single pipe will present some clearance issues. Also remember to use the ti-prep that comes with the system on the metal to metal connections.

One other thing you'll have to pull your oil line nearest to your filter when doin' your oil changes. Not a big deal, just adds about 3 min. to your oil changes.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have an Akro stainless race system on my Busa and I can change the oil filter from the right side without removing the oil line. It doesn't seem like it will fit through but if you have the open side of the filter facing up the filter will slide down through but you will have to wiggle it back and forth.... but it will slide through. Try it with a new filter with no oil in it. You do not have to force it through. I am assuming that the headers are the same shape for the stainless and the Ti systems. Hope this helps.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be ordering my system in the next couple of weeks.

Back