yet another exhaust post

samw5

Registered
i know this has been covered probably 50 times but i'm looking for a full system and can't seem to decide which one.

so far i'm looking at Yoshi TRS, Muzzy full TI (oval Ti can), Brock Gen 2, Yoshi RS3.

I'm wondering if any of those will offer significant benefit over another or if some would have significant disadvantage (such as the need to cut plastics to fit or melting fairings).

TUSKIGI SPEC 2 puts out some really good numbers.
thumb_up.gif

for cheaper than the tsukigi i can get a full ti force system... still i'm trying to keep my budget in check (or else i'm in the dog house).

i can get descent deals on the systems above. if i could find a nice used spec 2 set i would definitely consider it.

would the Muzzy Ti offer additional benefits (besides weight)? I might be able to get it at a significant discounted price.

If not I'm leaning towards a TRS with Carbon can.

How much are you looking to spend? I will have my basically brand new Tsukigi SpecII for sale here shortly.

Just curious how you could get a whole TiForce system for less then a Tsukigi (Ti Force Sumo Titanium is about 1400-1600 bucks, Tsukigi SpecII Stainless is like 900 bucks.)

ideally I'd like to spend $400-500 on a nice used set but havent been able to find anything lately so I'm starting to look at new systems.

ti force for less $850. sumo is even cheaper.

i can get a new Muzzy Ti for less than $800 and TRS carbon for $820.

Ideally I'd like to stay as close to $800 as possible for a brand new can.

I'm not too concerned about the HP rather than the weight savings and look.

The Muzzy round are going for $550 range new noadways. Interesting tip though, I didn't realize the round would make more HP.

How light is the Muzzy Ti compared to a Yoshi SS with CF can? I heard that Muzzy tends to be a bit heavier (maybe cause they're better built, I dunno).

Thanks again for all the input, I appreciate it.

740.00 for a brand new Muzzy round can
the oval makes a bit less power.
Wanna know how they sound?
cool.gif

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i154.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/Shibumi_2007/Muzzyfullsystem.flv"></embed>

What is the difference between a full titanium header and a Stainless header?
Besides weight, I imagine if you wrap both headers, heat transference isn't much of an issue....is it?
I love the Muzzy sound. This is the second Muzzy I have heard and that's the sound I want. Jessup has a full Muzzy with a CF can and it sounds bad a$$.

k, I was just worried about quality and melting plastics. don't see too many busa's with Muzzy, not sure why since they seem to offer great bang for the buck.

ideally I'd like to spend $400-500 on a nice used set but havent been able to find anything lately so I'm starting to look at new systems.

ti force for less $850. sumo is even cheaper.

i can get a new Muzzy Ti for less than $800 and TRS carbon for $820.

Ideally I'd like to stay as close to $800 as possible for a brand new can.

I'm not too concerned about the HP rather than the weight savings and look.

The Muzzy round are going for $550 range new noadways. Interesting tip though, I didn't realize the round would make more HP.

How light is the Muzzy Ti compared to a Yoshi SS with CF can? I heard that Muzzy tends to be a bit heavier (maybe cause they're better built, I dunno).

Thanks again for all the input, I appreciate it.
I am in the same boat as you. I have been looking at the TI force SUMO. It is on sale at 58 cycle for 848 brand new. The search does not work so I dont know how they sound or anything about it. You cant beat that price.

wonder if the sumo header is too big for stock though... the regular ti force is only $30 more or so.

in any case right now i'm still leaning towards the muzzy Ti or the TRS carbon for looks.

anyone with a Muzzy Ti line or can could post some pictures?

from what I hear Muzzy seems to be pretty good for the money. I'd love to be able to see better shots than what they have on their site... oh and the gallery here seem to be down.

thanks for the input!

k you guys got me sold, i emailed the dude about the Muzzy Ti line. Hopefully he'll go down from his $800 asking price a tad.

If not I can get a Brock Gen 2 (Ti can) for $400 shipped. You guys think that's maybe better bang for the buck?

Back