Yes I caved...

beerchug.gif

Keep lovin it, and have fun!

Time for mods to start!! Reflectors, stickers, shovel mod...

Where can I get details on this shovel mod? I Am already working on the stickers and reflectors;)

Welcome to the board! Congratulations on the bike. I'm partial to the 06 LE too.
smile.gif

Funny you should ask.  It had that bubble/fin looking thing on the back and they gave me a whole bag of parts/extras to play with.  I threw the back seat on but forgot to put on the grab bar.  I just came in from the garage from putting it on.

So just squint a little and imagine it is on there;)

The hump on looks better than the back seat... in my opinion. Because that's a Busa trademark along with the kanji.

You should get past your 600 mile break-in pretty fast... just haul balls down the freeway for a bit or hit some back roads. You'll love how the Busa can hit high speeds without breaking a sweat... and you will notice how the bike is even more stable at those speeds.

The only reason I put the back seat on is due to needing to bunji a bag down to carry to work with me:) If you have suggestions on how to do that with hump I would love to hear it! (seriously!)

Thanks everyone, you guys are so friendly.

You can do the grab bar hump mod which would allow the grab bar to be on while the hump is on..... (I think it's ugly but others love it). Or maybe get a tank bag. Or get a backpack. Or leave the back seat on. I don't know how big your "bag" is, so can't really offer any suggestions until I see it.

So you want to know how big my bag is?
ices_rofl.gif

Actually it is about the size of a 15" Apple laptop and about 4-6 inches thick. A backpack might work actually. I do love the hump on there.

Thanks man.

Here is a link for the intermediate mod, retaing stock turn signals.

Complete removal is simply cutting higher up but you have to replace turn signals with aftermarket or go with integrated signals built in to the taillight, such as Clear Alternatives for roughly $80- that's what I did.

Here is another with pics of entire shovel removed

Just Dremel off fender, and sand off smooth to body of undertail. $10 license bracket (I found one at dealer) and you're done. End result-

Tail5.JPG

Very nice choice in color.  Welcome.  Just as an idea.  Icon makes a decent tank bag/backpack/helmet carrier.  It might be worth looking into.

Misc._112.jpg

Back