YELLOW BOX ?????

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Now that myself and at least nine other people have ordered one of these a few questions for the board.
1. What version will we be getting? (I,II, or III).
2. Does anyone on this board know how to correctly calibrate the yellow box to correct the speed inperfection? More specifically, I wondered if the amount the speedometer was off fluctuated with the speed one was going? Faster speeds produce greater varibles and slower speeds virtually none?
3. How does one go about figuring out just how much your own personal bike speedometer is off?
Suggestions on this subject matter or things I might have forgotten?
beerchug.gif

1 no idea
2 no idea
3 GPS, just use caution when not looking at the road.
laugh.gif

Im not selling the yellow boxes but the research I did before putting up the post.

1. 3rd gen yellow box is all their selling. newest version
2. to find out how much your off, either have a cop check ya, or get a hold of a GPS and pick a range say 80-100 and see what your speedo says. Then calculate the the percent difference and flip the appropriate switches to get that percent. GPS again and fine tune. Piece a cake. After 100 who cares if it's off 2 MPH at 150.

ICE

Fatjap, I went to yellow box website and the pdf file for the instruction manual wasn't available. Just trying to get ahead of the game, so I can ride the Busa! I'll take a beer if you got one? Might need it to figure out the darn manual. I'll let everyone no how hard this mod is/was.

The instructions are pretty easy, once you get it installed you will need a standard to use for actual speed. say a GPS, LOCAL COP, etc. Then calculate the % of differece between the two and flip the marked switches to obtain that. Then recheck with standard...

ICE

The instructions are pretty easy, once you get it installed you will need a standard to use for actual speed. say a GPS, LOCAL COP, etc.  Then calculate the % of differece between the two and flip the marked switches to obtain that.  Then recheck with standard...

ICE
What Icemann said...

Back