yellow box for speedometer calibration

mikeyusf

Registered
Has anyone bought the yellow bodx to correct the speedometer error? I just went -1 in the front, and now my speedo is WAY off, by at least 10 percent. Has anyone installed these things?

to those who have a yellow box, how do you calibrate it? GPS? Dyno? Were you happy with the results? Let me know

Mike

If you are down one in the front your speedo is probably 14% off.  I am -1 in the front and +2 in the back and I am 19% off. I was off 7% with stock gearing.  I used a GPS and took a reading at 60 and 80 mph to find the error.  Plus your odometer is putting miles on that shouldn't be.  I love the yellow box and it is very easy to use.  Has little switches that represent neg. or pos. and 16%,8%,4%,2%,1%,.5%,.25%.  Just switch the ones you need and it stores under the seat.  Best $100 I spent!

I don't have one and probably want purchase one...I don't care what the speedo reads...

I was more concerned about my odometer reading high than the speedo. I don't want any extra miles on my bike that should not be there.

I DID THE INSTALL ACOUPLE OF MONTHS AGO.
I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IT TO CONVERT KPH TO MPH
BUT SINCE I RECEIVED MY BIKE 2 WEEKS AGO I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH THE CALIBRATION. THIS WEEKEND I'M RIDING WITH HOWLIN MAD AND WILL FINE TUNE IT.

I LOVE IT HAD NO PROBLEMS AND IT TOOK ABOUT 45 MINUTES TO INSTALL BUT THATS BECAUSE I SODERED THE
WIRES AND HEAT SHRUNK.

FATJAP

I LOVE IT HAD NO PROBLEMS AND IT TOOK ABOUT 45 MINUTES TO INSTALL BUT THATS BECAUSE I SODERED THE
WIRES AND HEAT SHRUNK.

FATJAP
Way to go...

People, don't Scotch-Lock or "Western Union" (twist-and-tape) any electrical connection on any vehicle. This is begging for trouble, as:

1) Scotch-Locks frequently break wire strands, and stress the strands that they do not break. The Scotch-Lock "bridge" (actual electrical connection) is a frequent connection failure point, and tracking down a nasty intermittant electrical problem because of a Scotch-Lock is a pain in the ass.

2) Twist-and-tie wiring connections will eventually fail on any motor vehicle application. Vibration, flex and thermal cycling will cause the strands to chafe and loosen, again creating an intermittant high-resistance point (before it fails completely).

Soldering and covering (heat-shrink tubing, wiring sealant) is the only way to go!
idea.gif

Mike

Back