Yeesh! We just went x-mas shopping

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
When did remote control cars and Barbie Dolls get so gosh darned expensive!

Ha! But it was hella fun, though no matter how broke we'll be.

Anyway, funny story. We're checking out of the last store we were going to visit (well, I wanted to go to Fleet Farm, but my wife said no...) and our credit card gets denied, which is dumbfounding 'cause we are no where near the limit...and my wife, the feisty wench she can be makes the clerk wait while she uses her cell phone to call the credit card company. Ha! I laughed my a## off and went to wait in the truck 'cause after all I was kind of embarassed!
laugh.gif

Anyway, our cards have this fraud protection. If you spend more than a certain amount within one day the fraud protection prohibits any more spending until the card holder calls. So Lori called and got it all straightened away and our kids'll still be happy x-mas morning and all that (and I still got my dvd's...). But I thought this was a funny little story to share with my friends here.
laugh.gif
blush.gif

J

laugh.gif

At least it wasn't an "actual" fraud. I went through that earlier this year and it wasn't any fun.

Glad you got it straightened out and everybody will be happy for Christmas. Just make sure your wife doesn't read the board, <s>or she'll know what she's getting.</s>
laugh.gif

EDIT: Just re-read it...guess they were YOUR dvd's
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133237342 -->

I've had my CC company call to check on use but they never shut me down.

That happened to me on a road trip from PA to DE. I got gas in Washington PA, then in Breezewood PA, then MD somewhere and then DE all in under 4.5 hours. They stopped my card because they thought it was stolen. LOL. Had to call to get it taken care of, then I was on my way.

My wife, who is white as a sheet, has a very large Black woman traveling around the Country passing checks with a license in my wife's name, my wife's license # and our street address. She has so far passed about $6000.00 worth of checks at Walmart, Target and ToyzAreUs. They have her on video tape at several stores but don't seem to be able to catch up to her. Now whats crazy about this is my wife can't write a check anywhere right now because of all the outstanding checks with her license # and street address that are in the Chekrite system. But this Black woman is still somehow writing checks with the same license # and street address as my wife. Strange huh?

David

Back