Years riding experience

devil.gif
Not counting dirt bikes first street bike I was 15 didnt even have a drivers license took my friends fathers 500 Honda for a ride ( he didnt know we did )and was hooked I bought my first street bike at 16 from a repo guy a 450 Nighthawk 100.00 no key had to rig a toggle switch the tire had canvas showing I blew the rear tire on the way home trying to see how fast it would go (75-80) was about it and it blew scared the poop out of me didnt lay it down ended up in a field though rode that for a couple of years till I got my license then a FZ600 GSXR 750 ( I lived Gixxers they where the coolest) GSXR1100 (had about 62000 miles on it when I sold it) 2000 HAYABUSA Finally got what I want

I will be 23 on the 19 feb. I have been riding for about 7 months. I rode a Katana 600 for 2 months(3000 mi) and then I saw the busa for a good price so I bought it and I have had it for months and put 1800mi on it. Still riding the Katana for about 30min a week but other than that I ride the busa everyday. I caught alot of crap from people because I only rode something else for 2 months. But my outlook on it is that if I am careful I will be fine and I have been I just have to pay attention to everything around me and not be stupid. I can do that!!

GREW UP ON SADDLEHORSE RANCH,TRADED HORSE FOR PUCH SCOOTER IN 1962,THAT MAKES 40 YEARS PLUS.
IT SAYS SOMEWHERE ON SITE THAT GOD DOESNT COUNT THE TIME YOU ARE RIDING AGAINST YOUR LIFESPAN IM TRYING TO STRETCH IT OUT.ALSO I FIGURE AS LONG AS I KEEP A BIKE I DONT HAVE TO GROW UP.(FIGURATIVELY)???

three years, not including dirtbikes as a kid, low those many years ago.  

started with a 2000 Katan 600 - 15,500 miles.  '02 'bus- 6,500 miles, all pure bliss. can't beleive I waited so long to start...  
tounge.gif

from the time I was a baby my father rode a bike to work every day... need less to say I wanted one!!

1st bike honda Z-50 age 8
next bike I went up to a honda XR-80 age 10
from there I got in to the race bikes and started racing
when I was old enough to hit the road my first street bike was a EX-500. from there I worked my way up through 3 more sport bike's (never had a cruiser) the next bike I'll have to say will more than likely be a cruiser... but I'm not letting the busa go!!
they will have to just get along!
so total years riding 9 years dirt
15 years street

At 16 years of age, I was fortunate to be in the British Army, part of their training as I was in a transport unit was a motorcycle licence. Passed my test on a 500ccMilitary Armstrong. I have been riding big bikes ever since which has led me to this monster of a bike.

At this moment in time, I have been riding for 16 years. Only 3 points on my licence and would you believe it, it was for speeding(who me?) I can say with fingers crossed, touched wood, I haven't had any accidents......
cool.gif

Rich, where are digging these up?

Started riding at 30 on a GS500e 1 year
GSXR 750 next year (stolen)
GSXR 750 'til 2002
2002'Busa

12 years total.

1st 2 wheeler..home made mini bike...1966 I was 15. Busa now 2003 @ 51 1/2
Have always had at least one bike...no street bike for a year,
but had a mxer..17 dirt bikes--10 street bikes...32 years riding something with two wheels..life is good but snowed yesterday..

Picked up my first bike at 20, couldn't afford a car, and needed a cheap way to get around at school. Picked up a Yamaha RD350. Put about 25K miles on it. Quit riding for a while and got the bug again about 7 years later. Picked up a concours, put 35K on it, sold it, bought a vfr, put about 30K miles on it, and still have it. Bought the 'busa this year, best bike I've ever had. Total, I've been riding about 18 years.

Wow this thread is so old I can 33 years riding in a couple of weeks. The biggest thing that I learned in all of those years, is it is never enough...

About 20+ years combined riding experience. I still ride with great respect for the machine though!
cool.gif

I'm 28 I'll be 29 in Mar. I got my first bike a Yamaha YZinger when I was 5 yrs old. 50cc MX with an auto tranny and a gov in the handle bar. So all said 23 yrs.

I just turned 30.  (damn, I can't believe that! still feel 25-ish...
rock.gif
).

August 2000, obtained my licence.
<ul>August 2000 - Suzuki SV650S - 5100 miles later...
November 2000 - Aprilia Falco - 14000 miles later...
September 2001 - Hayabusa!
biggrin.gif
- 13000 miles to the present day, still loving it, it's THE best bike!
smile.gif
<ul>

Started riding off road age 8-18, to many bikes to remember. Been on road for ten years, how many is that ?

Back