Yeahhhhhh I can have my toy and eat my happy meal too!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Children in California will still be able to get toys with their Happy Meals.

A San Francisco judge has dismissed a proposed class-action lawsuit that sought to stop McDonald's Corp. from using toys to market its meals to children in the Golden State. The suit had been filed in late 2010 by Monet Parham, a California mother of two, and The Center for Science in the Public Interest, a consumer advocacy group based in Washington, D.C.

The suit had claimed that the world's biggest hamburger chain was violating consumer protection laws and exploiting children's vulnerability by using toys to lure them to eat nutritionally unbalanced meals that can lead to obesity. The lawsuit did not seek damages.

McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said that the lawsuit was without merit and detracted from "the important issue of children's health and nutrition."

"We are proud of our Happy Meals and will vigorously defend our brand, our reputation and our food," Proud said in the statement. "We stand on our 30-year track record of providing a fun experience for kids and families at McDonald's."

The Center for Science in the Public Interest said in a statement that it will discuss with Parham whether to appeal the case. The group called the use of toys to market food a "predatory practice that undermines parents, causes rifts in families and harms kids' health."

The suit, filed in the county of San Francisco, was dismissed by Judge Richard Kramer on Wednesday.

Do you agree with the judge's ruling?

mcdonalds.png

mcdonalds.png

Its your kid, tell them no and keep on moving. The Corporation isnt raising your child, you are. If you'd like to get your child some McDonalds, go for it, and they get a toy too. The courts dont need to be dealing with this nonsense....

Yet again another parent blaming someone else for their inability to say "no" to their child. Is it just me or is it not the parent that should say "no you will eat a home cooked meal instead of a fast food meal." Is the child providing the money to purchase the happy meal? Is it the child that decides lets go to McDonald's for something to eat? STOP being a friend and be a parent and raise your child. Ok i'll get off the :soapbox: now. But when you see an billboard on I95 just south of 595 that reads "who can I sue.com" (which they ended up making them take it down). It make you think what we have become as a nation.

if they take out the toys, what's next? the playground (which is where so many of our youth get their only exercise :banghead:), the mouse at Chuck E. Cheese, maybe ice cream everywhere? it's not like we are a world of idiots who can not think for ourselves and will be tricked into doing things that are bad for us by someone else's slick packaging *sarcasm inserted*

judge made a good decision on this one :beerchug:

Our hard earned money that we pay in taxes goes to court time being wasted on horse s*** cases like this one. FAIL :banghead:

:cheerleader: we still get cheap Chinese cars with happy meals!
Those are great, nothing like a free toy cuz it is just gonna get broken soon anyway.

It actually saves me money cuz I don't have to buy any others myself :)

C'mon?! It's a flipping HAPPY MEAL, made to make KIDS HAPPY!!!
Now what is it that makes kids happy? TOYS. Geesh :banghead:

I use it as a tool to get him to eat sometimes. He doesn't finish it he doesn't get the toy.
And yes we get apples and milk or apple juice most of the time. A few chicken nuggets, some apples and milk aint that bad for a kid anyway.

Meanwhile in a land far far away real things are happening....

almighty god of the Political Correctness....show us thou's might and smite these insolent rational beings....

Can't fix stupid...all they do is hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit... :rofl:

If they have time and money to file this frivolous lawsuit they should answer for the money they are wasting. Is this group funded with public money?

I can see filing a lawsuit against some company that makes a dangerous product, but this just because you think a toy is that reason kids want a happy meal. Could you possibly be more wrong.

We need the Government to protect us from ourselves. We are a society of weak, ignorant people unable to think for ourselves.

For those that don't know me, that is sarcasm.

semi said:
if they take out the toys, what's next? the playground (which is where so many of our youth get their only exercise :banghead:), the mouse at Chuck E. Cheese, maybe ice cream everywhere? it's not like we are a world of idiots who can not think for ourselves and will be tricked into doing things that are bad for us by someone else's slick packaging *sarcasm inserted*

judge made a good decision on this one :beerchug:

Well, if Cap won't heed the sign that says "no children over 6'2" they just might have too :laugh:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

It all comes down to not taking accountabilty for your own actions. Face it we have a large number of people( ones who sue everyone) that can not accept the fact they they messed up. Look back to the housing boom, did you really think giving people who work min wage jobs 200k homeloanswould be a good idea? "Its gonna be ok, were helping them get a step up" they say, now who is paying for it all? We are, thats who. The government has pushed this idea into the minds of the weak, "go ahead mess up, we will be here to catch you when you fall". Yeah well now they think is they fail there is ALWAYS someone else to blame. I for one and made sick by the way our country is going down the toilet. This is the greatest, country on earth, yet the idiot masses are taking it apart bit by bit, starting at the top and working down.

I say let the ones who fail, FAIL, for with out failure we have no progress. WOuld there by a 500Hp factory show room car if the engineers had not failed a few times? Would there be transalantic flights had the Wright brothers given up when their plane failed the first time? No I say, no indeed. So let us fail, let us look back at our failures as stepping stones to become great once again, for deep down we are a nation of doers, so stop trying to sue everyone cause your to stupid to accept the balme for your own problems.

Hum wow did I just say that? Man this english class is paying off lol

Next thing you know, they will want to take the prize out of Crackerjack. Thats the only reason I buy them.:laugh:

Next thing you know, they will want to take the prize out of Crackerjack. Thats the only reason I buy them.:laugh:

Oh how I miss Cracker Jacks.. Dang peanut allergy put a stop to that. Oh hey wait can I sue Cracker Jack for using peanuts? I NEED A LAWYER

Back