Yeah!!! F-1 racing got it right (long)

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
F1 racing banned traction contol to put the racing back into the drivers hands. formula1.net has an article about how the drivers are glad NOT to have the TC. now the skill of the driver comes much more into play. no more point and shoot racing. you can actually wear out a pair of tires in a couple of laps(from spinning them too much).
in testing, the cars with TC were making about 1 second faster lap times with less wear on the tires.

rant.gif

motogp needs to take a lession from F1. it has gotton so boring that you can hardly watch. similar to F1 racing in recent years. very little overtaking and blowout races. YAWN!!! in past years moto was a blast to watch espically when they ran the 500's. guys sliding into and out of corners all while passing. moto supposedly did away with the 1000's because they were too fast but the 800's are running just as fast down the straights and faster in the corners. thanks TC. in the first race this year Stoner set lap records 3 laps in a row. Guess what? he won by 5 seconds. he is the defending champ form last year by a blowout margin, he won a ton of races. ducati has the most powerful bike in moto right now. if you dont believe it watch them down the straights when they blow by the other bikes. now if they didnt have tracion control the rider would have to use thier full riding skills or the tires would be gone and so would the race
rant.gif

sounds like sour grapes because of stoner? not really, he just the best example of what TC can do for a great rider with a powerful bike. a couple of years ago w/o TC he couldnt stop crashing. i just want competitave races. right now its a joke

BTW can you tell i dont like TC?

rant.gif

F1 is going to be GREAT this Year  
jump9.gif
!!! I'am now pulling for HONDA
wowold.gif
 with their new crew
ThumbsUp.gif
, and the GUTS to ware those PANTS
rofl.gif

I agree. Otherwise, lets just pull the riders and install robot guidence systems. What's the point? We ALL KNOW the machines are capable.... we root for the skill of the RIDER. dumb it all down with OOOH COOL Technology and, once again, remove the human's soul from the event. Might as well go play video games instead

Yeah cause Rossi on a Honda we never had a blowout race...
smile.gif

I know what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent. However, if MotoGP means we get traction control, ABS and more bikes with variable mapping ability??? I'm in!

At least let the technology trickle outta the race bikes before we offload em' anyway the notion of Traction control on a bike like a Hayabusa or any of our liter bikes is pretty exciting. Would probably save a lot of plastic too.

But yeah the season opener F1 race was pretty good, entertaining anyway. It looked like a Keystone cop episode of F1. So many mistakes, so many errors... Looked like Champ or Indy, kinda sad... But funny.
thumb_up.gif
Better racing though without all the electronics.

Yeah cause Rossi on a Honda we never had a blowout race...  
smile.gif

I know what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent.  However, if MotoGP means we get traction control, ABS and more bikes with variable mapping ability???  I'm in!  

At least let the technology trickle outta the race bikes before we offload em' anyway the notion of Traction control on a bike like a Hayabusa or any of our liter bikes is pretty exciting.  Would probably save a lot of plastic too.

But yeah the season opener F1 race was pretty good, entertaining anyway.  It looked like a Keystone cop episode of F1.  So many mistakes, so many errors...  Looked like Champ or Indy, kinda sad... But funny.  
thumb_up.gif
Better racing though without all the electronics.
all good points

but I have to really agree with Rev. the whole point of TC is safety! first and foremost. Unfortunately, it seems that it has been used as a tool to shave off +/- 0.1 to 1.0 second, which in the world of racing can be an eternity.

I'd like to see ABS and to some extent, TC, on a roadbike just for safety. TC would have to be adjustable by the user from full intervention to no intervention. TC could be handy in the rain.

AMA is another example of TC spoiling racing. Yosh has been head and shoulders above everyone else. All of the other factories cried and complained and wanted TC. Now Yosh is even Stronger (at least 30 seconds in front of 3rd place or non Yosh bike). But that's also not to detract from Mladin and Spies as those two are Excellent riders as well.

Back