Yamalube oil...?

The local dealership near me uses yamalube synthetic oil. Has anyone used yamalube in their busa?
Yes works great just watch the price as it has become inflated at some dealerships all of a sudden (last few years). I have no worry putting it in bikes I work on and back that it can be run for two seasons unless they are doing major mileage. Hey give it a try & keep an open mind to different oils until you come across what checks all the boxes for you. I stumbled on to the Yamalube synthetic because it was the last jug I needed to do an oil change wasn't happy with what I had been running and the price was half what I had been paying for the other stuff. Basically a company can claim this and that but big points are regular or synthetic & does it have an Ester additive or not.

for a gen1 you need simply a
10 W 40 semi synthetik for motorcyle use - clutch is bathed in oil (no car´s oil)

from good manufacturers (no cheap oils from the warehouse)

those declare two dates by a stamp on the cans (usual here in germany) :
1. bottling date (pls not older than 1 year)
2. best before (max 4-5 years to the future)

i "squeezed out" an engineer here in germany for this informations. ;-)

his strong recommendation was:
never use a "NEW" oil (in sealed cans and stored in shadow) over its age of 4-5 years for longer than max 1 or 2 more years - then the oil is only rubbish because overaged.

I don't know about all this oil stuff...my older brother only uses dino oil and not expensive dino oil either in his bikes and his '78 BMW RT has over 500K miles on it with zero engine issues, his newer RT1100 has 200K miles on it with zero engine issues...he changes the oil every 3000k miles religiously.

I've used a semi-synthetic blend in my bikes since around '99 or so, before that I used dino oil and never had any issues with clutches or engines.

I use Royal Purple synthetic in my beast and there are no issues with clutch slippage or anything.

Back