Ya'll wanna hear a good one? LOL!

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
and that clear alternatives instructions on flasher installation must suck as bad as the quality of their products.

I finally got O-Ren all buttoned up from installing the (modded to work) CA front turn signals and ready for her "1ST Fire Up" since i did the valve adjust (including cam R&R)...and i had little question in my mind regarding the mechanical matters but was anxious to see if i got the directionals wired right...so with bated breath i turn the key and alls well...headlight glarring...dash lights up like a vegas night at the strip and the fuel pump chattering away to pressure up...and i hit the button...she's a little reluctant...wants to fire up but i let off...wait...start again..and same deal...so i wick on a bit of fast idle and viola!...O-Rens Mighty PowerPlant Srings to life!
biggrin.gif

But then stumbles..then springs to life....then stumbles...then springs to life....then stumbles...then springs to life....then stumbles...then springs to life....then stumbles...

and i'm like..wtf?
rock.gif

Then i figure...well?...maybe the ecu is still trying to get back on the same page with the cam sensor...so i let her keep running...and still springing and stumbling...so i figure..okay...giv'er a few moments...and in the meantime?..i'll check out the directionals...and no worky...they come on and stay on at a real low glow...just then?...I see an FI alarm come up on the clock..hmmm...a Fuel Injection issue...hmmm...lesseee here...engine still springing and stumbling..to a very rythmic pulse with a FI alarm showing and my turn signals don't flash...just come on and stay on at a low watt glow ...hmmm...
rock.gif

I got $10 that says i got the freaking flasher wired to my FI somehow...namely by following CA's flasher install instructions!
laugh.gif

God They SUCK!  
mad.gif

rock.gif

(motogp08 @ Apr. 09 2007,14:16) Sound's like it's not someone's best of days!
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif
nah...any day i'm alive is a good day...worked 10 hours at the shop today then came home and got to spend about 1 1/2 hours buttoning up O-Ren..but sometimes?...ya just need to step back...stop..and take a moment to laugh at yourself...and "this"?...is one of those moments!
laugh.gif

I know tomorrows not always there but I'm done for the evening..it'll gimme sumpt'in to relax and concentrate on fixing tomorrow night after work.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 09 2007,17:22)
(motogp08 @ Apr. 09 2007,14:16) Sound's like it's not someone's best of days!
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif
nah...any day i'm alive is a good day...worked 10 hours at the shop today then came home and got to spend about 1 1/2 hours buttoning up O-Ren..but sometimes?...ya just need to step back...stop..and take a moment to laugh at yourself...and "this"?...is one of those moments!
laugh.gif

I know tomorrows not always there but I'm done for the evening..it'll gimme sumpt'in to relax and concentrate on fixing tomorrow night after work.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Good luck man! Hope everything turns out well!
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

Sounds like your flashers are idling and you idle is flashing.

Sorry Bill, I know it sux having bike issues, Ijust couldn't resist.

(BusaWhipped @ Apr. 09 2007,18:24) Sounds like your flashers are idling and you idle is flashing.

laugh.gif
jump9.gif
laugh.gif
jump9.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

jump9.gif

laugh.gif

Did something similar yesterday. Replaced the pipe (stock to stock) on my wife's '06 Gixxer 1000. Started it up and got an intermittent FI light. Service manual has nearly 100 pages of information on the FI system, most of it designed to be analyzed with a PC and Suzuki software or as a minimum, the mode switch.

I was pissed but kept poking around it for a while. The wiff actually finally pointed to a page in the book which discusses the EXCV (Exhaust Control Valve). Using that page and looking more closely at what the bike does when the key is turned to the "ON" position, it finally became apparent that the sleeve on one of the two cables that goes from the EXCV to the EXCVA (EXCV Actuator) had slipped out of it's retainer groove. As a result, the FI system couldn't determine the halfway point of the EXCV upon initialization.

We took everything back apart, put it together RIGHT this time, and all was good to go.

Jeez.

--Wag--

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 09 2007,20:13) and that clear alternatives instructions on flasher installation must suck as bad as the quality of their products.

I finally got O-Ren all buttoned up from installing the (modded to work) CA front turn signals and ready for her "1ST Fire Up" since i did the valve adjust (including cam R&R)...and i had little question in my mind regarding the mechanical matters but was anxious to see if i got the directionals wired right...so with bated breath i turn the key and alls well...headlight glarring...dash lights up like a vegas night at the strip and the fuel pump chattering away to pressure up...and i hit the button...she's a little reluctant...wants to fire up but i let off...wait...start again..and same deal...so i wick on a bit of fast idle and viola!...O-Rens Mighty PowerPlant Srings to life!
biggrin.gif

But then stumbles..then springs to life....then stumbles...then springs to life....then stumbles...then springs to life....then stumbles...then springs to life....then stumbles...

and i'm like..wtf?
rock.gif

Then i figure...well?...maybe the ecu is still trying to get back on the same page with the cam sensor...so i let her keep running...and still springing and stumbling...so i figure..okay...giv'er a few moments...and in the meantime?..i'll check out the directionals...and no worky...they come on and stay on at a real low glow...just then?...I see an FI alarm come up on the clock..hmmm...a Fuel Injection issue...hmmm...lesseee here...engine still springing and stumbling..to a very rythmic pulse with a FI alarm showing and my turn signals don't flash...just come on and stay on at a low watt glow ...hmmm...
rock.gif

I got $10 that says i got the freaking flasher wired to my FI somehow...namely by following CA's flasher install instructions!
laugh.gif

God They SUCK!  
mad.gif
i am still confused as to why you had to mess with the flasher thing. i have an 03 identical to yours, and my LED Front signals were plug and play ..................

hopeyou get everything fixed!!

rock.gif

(GSXcite @ May 09 2007,22:56) Did you change your blinker fluid when you did the install?
biggrin.gif
That is probably the problem right there. That reminds me, I told a girl that her blinker fluid was low that I worked with along time ago and she went on her lunch break to get blinker fluid. I let her leave without saying anything. When she got to CarQuest, they did not tell her that it did not exsist, they sent her to AutoZone, I think by the time she got to Mckays autoparts someone told her the news. She came back pissed. after stopping at about 4 different places.
tounge.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Apr. 09 2007,18:24) Sounds like your flashers are idling and you idle is flashing.

But Jinks....ya gotta admit....."At least this troubleshoot is pretty straight-forward".....It must be kind of interesting watching / listening to the engine pulsing up and down with the flasher relay pulsing the power to the fuel pump................it's actually kind of a relief as I was already back tracking the valvetrain inspection / rebuild going..."OKAY, timing chain / gear / cam / shim / valve stem....cam sensor
rock.gif
...nahhhhh...it wouldn't have started " (while I'm continuing the read of your post).......then you work the relay / fuel pump angle and VOILA, you're back in action !!!!!!
cool.gif

A little "re-wire"......and O-REN's on the road !!!!!
super.gif

Not the first time I've heard people complain about the CA stuff.......the directions must have been written as "evil-instructions".........

225px_Dr_Evil.jpg

Back