Yahoo e-mail trouble!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Since November 11th of this year my Yahoo e-mail account has been down! Now, I don't mean down in the traditional since, I mean down as in....
I can't receive ANY e-mail, not Spam (this part is good), not from friends, family, etc....
I can send e-mail with about a 50/50 sucess rate! I've had this account for ten years or more so I don't really want to move on. Use to be that an average days e-mail would be around two to three hundred e-mails; now an average day is one or two in the last month.
I've tried everything their tech office can offer with no luck and then today I hear through the grapevine Yahoo is having a site wide problem with this very condition......
SO who else is experiencing this or has heard about it? FRUSTRATED IN KS.

My appology to anyone who was expecting an e-mail from the Bug and never recieved one.

Have a Yahoo account, but haven't had any trouble sending or receiving mail. Of course its not my primary account and doesn't get much work, so I may not be receiving all that I think I should.

I don't know what to tell you there. I've used my yahoo account for 6 years now. Sometimes yahoo runs slow and doesn't want to load the page very quickly but nothing like what you're talking about.

Here's a copy of a test e-mail sent to my account from Yahoo's Tech dept... They've only managed to sucessfully send three e-mails to my account in almost a month.

<span style='color:blue'>this is a production test of patches to come, within a few days.

the occurance of this problem can not be reproduced with test
environment, test accounts, thus we're forced to run production tests on
reported cases.

please do not reply.

the correction of reported issues will be available, shortly after this
testing.

thank you.</span>

I have a much newer yahoo account. working fine most of the time.
my original old, old hotmail account had issues. finally updated it to a new hotmail account

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133717662 -->

No problems here, getting topic tracker updates, emails, and sending out no issues... sorry.

I had some problem similar to that, AND I couldnt log in,I sent them a notice,it staryed to work that day.I think they went through some up-grades at about that time as well.NJ.

Go in and change your Prefrences!
Something has changed them.........like a Encriped E-Mail!
sad.gif

mine has been fine but a buddy has the same problem went along like that for 3 or 3 months then one day he could no longer log into it after a little research it showed the account was deleted he didn't do it and they said they didn't but the name was tied up so no one could use it anymore
wink.gif

Haven't really had a problem like yours, but, on occasion when their site is running slow instead of using yahoo.co.uk, I'll revert to yahoo.com - unlike hotmail you can pick up your email from either.

I'm starting to use gmail now, brings a slightly different concept to the way we read and treat email (them wacky lads at google).

PM me if you want an account.

I never seem to have a problem with it, but i just get junk mail in my yahoo mail. I use Gmail for most of my online stuff these days, never had a problem with it. If you want an account with them, lemme know, I have some invitations to pass around
cool.gif

Thanks, I'm waiting a couple more days to see what develops.... Then I maybe forced to take another e-mail account! Appreciate all the input, seems I'm one of the lucky few to experience this. Hopefully I'm not like your bud and get deleted after three months......

Back