Y2K Turbine Super Bike

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Here I am going to lunch, parked in the Chilies lot (Lake Oswego, OR) & headed for the door. Another guy and I were sort of racing to the door so that we could get seated first. He stoped in front of me, turned around and siad "that sounds like a jet!" I stopped and listened. It did. But then I started for the door again, but the sound got louder, so I stopped again and waited for the plane to appear. This is no where near an airport, so I was truly confused.

Well into the lot can a black motorcycle, headed right at me. This thing sounded just like a jet! He pulled right up and parked by the door. When he turned it off, it even powered down like a jet engine. I said, what the hell is that? The plastics looked like some sort of custom Ymaha stuff, but it had huge pipes, and a dash that looked like a laptop computer. It was clearly something special. The guy told me that it was a Turbine Y2K and will do something around 280mph-300mph.

When I got back, I pulled up the web site for this thing...

Performance
Estimated Top Speed: 250 mph
1/4 Mile: 9.80 @ 160 mph
0-227 mph in 15.0 sec.

Price
$185,000

The most impressive thing about this bike was the sound. Wow! It seriously sounded like a jet plane. It was pulling into the lot, so I didn't witness the speed. The fit and finish was terrible...seemed like a prototype.

Anyway just seeing this made my day!
The website is

ThinkerMarineTurbine.com

Silver.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the one Jay Leno owns & rides on Speed Channel.
There is about a 2-3 second lag when you hit the throttle and he says it doesnt handle in the twisties that well. However the look & sound would be allmost worth the price tag. But do you know how many Busa's you could buy for $185K?!?

ummmmm I could spend the 185k. wiser

67 chevelle w/427 20,000.
67 corvette w/427 35,000.
03 harley f-150 35,000.
03 hummer h2 50,000.
03 gsxr 1000 silver 9,000.
03 hayabusa silver 10,000.
02 hayabusa silver 8,500.
01 hayabusa blk/gry 7,500.
00 hayabusa blue/sil 7,000.
99 hayabusa copper 6,500.
03 featherlite trailer 6500.

TOTAL 185,000.

I'm not sure the prestige of a turbine bike would be worth the trade.... hmmmmm 2 badass hotrods, 2 badass trucks,
6 badass bikes, and A trailer to go racing/shows..

but if you already have a couple airplane hangers full of cars like Jay Leno and have his money then I would buy one.

i heard about a guy down in portland that owned one, but never saw him or the bike. i be more impressed with the sound than the look.
what is he doing riding today, very winding across the bridge over in the Da Couv

03 harley f-150  
dont know about where you live, but here, a 2 wheel drive truck is not worth much.

when I was the fleet/internet manager for a ford store, I watched one of the first hardley F-150's sit on the lot for over a year. What is the appeal? its 1) just a f-150, 2) 2wheel drive, 3) you can get 20" chrome wheels anywhere....

whats up with that??
rock.gif

Thinker62!!! That must have made your day seeing and hearing that monster! I would have lost my appetite!
biggrin.gif

03 harley f-150  
dont know about where you live, but here, a 2 wheel drive truck is not worth much.

when I was the fleet/internet manager for a ford store, I watched one of the first hardley F-150's sit on the lot for over a year. What is the appeal? its 1) just a f-150, 2) 2wheel drive, 3) you can get 20" chrome wheels anywhere....

whats up with that??  
rock.gif
IF YOU HAVE 185K TO SPEND WHO CARES IF IT LOSES SOME VALUE...

THIS TRUCK IS A SUPERCHARGED V-8, CUSTOM INTERIOR, YES THE 20 INCH CHROME RIMS, CUSTOM BODY KIT, HARLEY EMBLEMS, AND IT'S A 100TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION. (COLLECTOR ITEM) IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSONAL TASTE CACHE AND I LOVE THIS TRUCK EVEN THOUGH IT IS A 2 WHEEL DRIVE.

How gross a nice corvette and chevelle then you throw in a Ford yuck hehehehehe I like the lightning better than the Harley but its all about choices I am a chevy man myself anyone remember the twin turbo v6 cyclone trucks I worked for GM when they came out I thought it ripped for a stock truck

About the bike wow is it UGLY I bet I can fit a Jet in my Busa anyone got a spare chassis I can mess with I know a guy that has a jet turbine motor that was used to start some sort of helicopter I dont know the performance of something like that but I bet it has some serious power . Any of you military guys know which one I am talking about there are probably a bunch but I saw this thing at a guys junkyard he had a half completed kit built plane to I spent hours just looking around

Back