XTRE better then 20ct.mod

Madman_K

Registered
Is the XTRE worth the money?
I believe the power gain in the first 2 gear (these are normally tempered?)
And the removal of the speed limiter.
(leaving the gear-indicator intact, nice work!)

But how is the 5hp gain in 6th possible.
And does the 20ct. mod do the same in 6th?

hayabusa_k8_2nd.gif

hayabusa_k8_top_speed.gif

Don't believe everything you read. People will say different, but a TRE isn't going to give you 5hp.

I get really tired of the X-Tre threads and there being no "proof" as to if it really works. Yes, the company graphs show increase in 2nd gear and 6th, but it also stated that it "adds more torque and power at ALL RPM's in gears
1,2,3 and 6th. Why don't they show the graphs for 1 and 3 if in fact it adds at ALL rpms? What happens to 4th if choosing 5th gear map and what happens to 5th if choosing 4th gear map? Also, are they showing the 2nd gear dyno chart using 5th gear map and then choosing 4th gear map for the 6the gear dyno, "schmoozing" the numbers?

Does anyone have answers for these questions a many????

I don't have hard facts or proof that the XTRE I installed on my bike causes the bike to yield more horsepower - it may not, but what I do know is that after installing it, there is without a doubt a very noticeable increase in responsiveness and decrease in lag.

The bike seems to, ummm... go faster, not only in top speed (never actually gone above 130), but in acceleration also.

I have to be more careful because the throttle is more sensitive.

Is there any disagreement over this?

I may not be explaining this very well and I know I don't have any "facts", but the bike IS "quicker"...

Value of an X-TRE is a personal opinion. I like the way my bike runs with it. I also like that it always displays the proper gear. I can unplug it at any time if I want to run stock.

is there any long term "negative" effect on your bike running the 5th gear map all the time ??? and to go back stock, you unplug it, but what about the wire that has been cut during installation? Just curious, because I'm trying to decide which of these two to install...

is there any long term "negative" effect on your bike running the 5th gear map all the time ??? and to go back stock, you unplug it, but what about the wire that has been cut during installation? Just curious, because I'm trying to decide which of these two to install...
get your tre plugged in and we will go play at E.Springs :)

i don't have hard facts or proof that the xtre i installed on my bike causes the bike to yield more horsepower - it may not, but what i do know is that after installing it, there is without a doubt a very noticeable increase in responsiveness and decrease in lag.

The bike seems to, ummm... Go faster, not only in top speed (never actually gone above 130), but in acceleration also.

I have to be more careful because the throttle is more sensitive.

Is there any disagreement over this?

I may not be explaining this very well and i know i don't have any "facts", but the bike is "quicker"...

yup!

The point is, when you see numbers that someone has posted you start thinking it's true then all of the sudden your bike is more powerful. dyno it with and without, then compare. I was playing around wth a friend and told him that when I flip this switch (Which was my air shifter switch), it advanced the timing and gave the bike more power. I'd flip the switch it in one direction and hit the throttle and he swore he could tell a difference. Snake oil.

The point is, when you see numbers that someone has posted you start thinking it's true then all of the sudden your bike is more powerful. dyno it with and without, then compare. I was playing around wth a friend and told him that when I flip this switch (Which was my air shifter switch), it advanced the timing and gave the bike more power. I'd flip the switch it in one direction and hit the throttle and he swore he could tell a difference. Snake oil.

Ha! Yeah, I agree.

I just thought you were maybe suggesting what I was saying wasn't exactly true.

I am a pretty skeptical foe, so for me to say there is an increase in responsiveness, there's really gotta be that.

But yeah, I believe:

What you put in your mind becomes what you start to be/believe, which develops your habits, which develops your character, which sets the course for your life.... or something like that. I think I read that somewhere. :)

If you are comparing the TRE to the high gain mod they are 2 totally different things.

TRE is 5N55555, so you get 5th gear timing values in the lower gears which probably helps some at lower rpm etc, the bad thing is that you kill the bikes ability to do gear based ram air fuel compensation, you now put more fuel at the bike in the lower gears.

The high gain mod does 1N23455, this mod is only needed if you want to go faster than 186 mph if you have the hp.

I am very unsure how putting the bike into 5th gear mapping while in 6th gear adds 5hp, if thats the case the high gain mod should also make this claim. Again, don't believe everything you read.

5% drop in relative humidity, and a very small amount of barometric pressure increase could account for most of the HP difference between the red and blue curves. O2 partial pressure is very sensitive to these two parameters.

Show me quarter mile speed before and after and I will believe it.

for example, this table shows the difference in timing between 5/6th gear and 1st gear on a Gen 1 busa. You can see part throttle low rpm there is definitely more timing in 5th/6th gear vs 1st gear.

timing.jpg

and here is a comparison from teh 5th gear ram air compensation to the 1st gear compensation. So all values are positive, meaning 5th gear gets more fueling than 1st gear in the ram air compensation table

So by using a TRE, you set your ram air compensation to 5th gear values all the time, making the bike richer in the lower gears.

gear5.jpg

if the bike is a fist gen why not just turn off the limiter in the stock ecu using ecu editer and a wire harness from schnitz racing or make one for about 40$ the software is free
while your in there you can raise your rpm limiter and change some other things too

Back