XM Radio receivers

bump.gif
for the guys with questions...

I ordered mine on Monday and got it Tuesday...now THAT'S fast!!!

Shared the link with two coworkers this morning and now their hubbies are getting 'em too...

HT_USMC - "peas and carrots"

...good stuff
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Yeah, MIchelle, looks like it came out of Roanoke VA. Ordered mine Monday night, got it today in Illinois.......thats smokin' fast, with all companies were doing business like this. Tracking # was sent as soon as it was shipped. This is my first time dealing with them, most likely not my last.

I got mine today as well... might order a second one
cool.gif

and I'l post some pics later today of how I have mine setup.

I got mine today as well... might order a second one
cool.gif

and I'l post some pics later today of how I have mine setup.
Mine came today too. I've always read good things about Crutchfield but never ordered from them before. Can't beat two day shipping for free!!! I'll definitely be a repeat customer.
wink.gif

I started using XM 3 years ago.

I dismounted CD changers in both my cars... I don`t need them anymore
smile.gif

I use one headunit in both cars and home.

$13 is fair price for what you can get.

Do you use it on your bike? how is the sound ?
All of them sounds as good as direct TV music channels.
i`d recommend using the model with memory buffer only if big buildings covering the sky on you normal route...

Underpasses could interrupt for a moment.... Go faster and it will never happen
Yeah, DirecTv just replaced all of their music channels with XM radio... What sucks is that they didn't include the Comedy Channel... Bastids! The XM comedy channel is WORLDS better than what DirecTv has on theirs.

So I take it you can use headphones in the jack that goes to the cassette adapter?

I have the original SkyFi. I use it in the home and I also have a mount on my Goldwing made by JM Audio. I wish I would've waited a little because I like the Roadie better. The only drawback that I have noticed is that the signal is really compressed. Not an issue in the home where I have lots of power to drive it, but it does sound a little lean on the bike. It sure beats fumbling with cd's on the bike. Being an older fart...I like Deeptracks. I haven't listened to commercial radio in over 2 years. Can't stand those early morning talkshows.

Got it installed in the car this morning.........Awsome, I'm already spoiled. Sat and listened to the comedians and was rolling in the car, the neighbors were probably wondering what I was up to. The headphones sound fine in the cassette adapter input. Now I cant wait for the next long busa ride:(

ok, as promised, pics of my install are now posted

You can see them

Okay, how did I miss this post? You guys are getting all the deals. I might have to get a couple of these myself.

Okay, I just placed my order. Got 2 receivers, car-mount and home kit. May get the hardwire kit and mini antenna and hook it up on the bike.

All fm modulators suck big time. I think I tried at least 10.
In most cases XM ot Ipod or whatever you want with 1.0V out could be wired without FM modulator.
ask, maybe I can help.

Okay, I just placed my order.  Got 2 receivers, car-mount and home kit.  May get the hardwire kit and mini antenna and hook it up on the bike.
check my thread on the install for the bike.. everything you need is linked in that thread
cool.gif

and yeah, the fm modulator is built in, works ok if you are in BFE with no competing signals... for the truck I got the direct wire kit for the antenna and life is golden
biggrin.gif

Back