xenon king or DDM Tuning HID kit?

My DDM kit (I have two, high and low beams) has been in use for 2 years now. Still no issue.

BUT, you should always be careful; companies change quality of their product all the time, so testimonials from years ago may not reflect the reality of their current product.

Case in point: Every dishwasher made today.

My DDM kit (I have two, high and low beams) has been in use for 2 years now. Still no issue.

BUT, you should always be careful; companies change quality of their product all the time, so testimonials from years ago may not reflect the reality of their current product.

Case in point: Every dishwasher made today.

True story there. My main worry is the large price difference between the two kits. I know money isn't everything but when it's a 200 dollar difference makes me wonder.

make sure they are a AC kit and not DC. AC is more efficient and last longer. built better too for only a few more bucks

Avoid DDM. Their quality has went way down. My first set lasted about 1 1/2 months and the second made it 2 weeks. I got rid of them and went to Phillips. I am seriously considering going to piaa halogens and get rid of the hid since it takes so long to get the high beam to come to full brightness.

Avoid DDM. Their quality has went way down. My first set lasted about 1 1/2 months and the second made it 2 weeks. I got rid of them and went to Phillips. I am seriously considering going to piaa halogens and get rid of the hid since it takes so long to get the high beam to come to full brightness.

Is this kit actually an exact fit or does it take some nodding like the other kits like in the hid install write up?

Personally I'd go with DDM. They have a lifetime warranty on their kits. No modding required. Word of advice. Buy the car kit with one size bulb and then a a set of bulbs as the second size. You have to buy h7 spacers on their site. But it's actually cheaper to buy the car kit spare set of bulbs spacers and led marker lights than it is to buy two motorcycle kits. You will have to cut to corners of the h7 spacer but it's easy to do with a razor or grinding wheel. If you want I can give you the part numbers from their site to order. I got 55w 6000k for high and low. I run high beam all the time except when passing a car. But if you're only going with the low beam then just get the car kit. That way if one goes out you have a spare while they process your warranty. A $75 hid kit with lifetime warranty is a fair price I think. And if you need any help there is a great write up on it or you can call me. Just PM me your number or request mine.

DDM does have great customer service but I cant agree with good product, just last month we went through 3 ballast (1 just failed, 1 shorted out the fuse on the bike and the other fell apart) ... they replaced them quickly with no argument but still the hassle wasnt worth it in my eyes ... I personally know Mike and Shane at McCoy they recommended the kit I linked above and its by far the best quality I've seen!! As you know though everyone has different experiences with these companies so just weigh your options as you go to purchase your kit!!

I've been running the DDM kit for two years. When I first installed it I had the intermittent bulb firing issues that I fixed by hard wiring directly to the battery. The factory wiring just couldn't handle the start of the bike and the bulb firing at the same time. The warranty is kind of a joke. They won't exchange parts without receiving you old one first so if your able to go without a bike/headlamp during the exchange he period than consider, otherwise a local shop would be more convenient.

I've been using DDM for 3 years now going on 4. High and Low beam 6000K 55 watt. Haven't had any issues yet. Still the same bulbs.

How do you all feel about the delay on the headlight firing on engine start instead of letting them flip off while cranking? Any person experiences?

I just bought a Xenon King Ballast and am very happy with the quality, price and service. Replaced a ballast with theirs and the quality of the light burn is far superior than the old one.

Gen II , don't ........ had xenon king but it was years ago and the low beam ballast lasted about 6 months. Could not tell you about current products. With the improved headlights on the Gen II I decided to stay away from HIDs this time around.

I thought all you had to do was press the start switch before turning the bike on. Hold it, pull the clutch in and it cranked without turning the headlight on. But you also have to consider all the other headaches as well.

I thought all you had to do was press the start switch before turning the bike on. Hold it, pull the clutch in and it cranked without turning the headlight on. But you also have to consider all the other headaches as well.

Yes that will do it. A delay relay will keep it off during starting also. I just like the ability to keep the light off with the bike running.

That's the way they came before headlight laws. I wouldn't chance the ticket but I'm an old man with memory issues :laugh:

Back