Xenon Headlights

drewwerd13

Registered
I am going to buy the Xenon light bulbs for my 'busa from tricktape.com. TRICKTAPE I would like to get the 100w bulbs because they will obviously be brighter. But I have heard some horror stories before from having too many watts sent to the headlights. Let me know if you think it is a bad idea to go for 100w bulbs and I'll just get the stock 55w bulbs.

drewwerd13,

Go with the stock replacement. The 100W will melt the plastic that holds the bulbs. It takes a while to happen, but it will.

I also have the Xeon bulbs from TrickTape, the only bad thing is that the low beam burned out at about 2000 miles. I did not touch the bulb, and actually cleaned it with alcohol.

Stealth

Thanks for the info, Stealth. I actually have a bunch of Xenon replacements for the Low Beams. I just want the hi and low to match so I want to get the kit that has both. I'll go ahead and get the stock set.

i bought that kit.. had the low beam in for about 2300 miles now ... took the high beam out cuz it sucked... dunno if I got a bum bulb or what... I like the low beam.. but the high sucked

i bought that kit.. had the low beam in for about 2300 miles now ... took the high beam out cuz it sucked... dunno if I got a bum bulb or what... I like the low beam.. but the high sucked
Dang!! I bought one of those Xenon lights for the low beam and I don't like it. It's not bright enough. I was hoping if I got both that it would be bright enough. Are you saying that even the high beams aren't bright enough?? Maybe I won't get the kit...

Just so you know those arent real Xenon bulbs anyway, A Xenon system consists of a bulb/ballast/ignitor system. You can check with Icemann or where i got my hi/low beam kit at :http://www.showparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/57/products_id/233

busa19_small.jpg

Yeah, but $500 just seems like way too much money for a set of lights. Doesn't anybody make a set of lights just as bright, if not brighter than stock in that superwhite color??

I think Ice kits are only around $200........ From what I've seen worth every penny! Should be my next mod......

Back