xbox 360 red ring

Warillion

Registered
so yea. i wake up this morning. about to own up some halo 3 and just to see my 360 has red ring of death! ive herd alot of ppl having issues. so i been scared every time i turn it on. and well. this morning it hit me. i was a victom. so im thinkin there must be a "home" fix action for this. as there is for most everything. so i start searching. and i come across a "towel method" where u wrap ur 30 in towels turn it on for 20 minutes or so letting it warm up. causes the bios or watever to reset. and hopefully it will work, this is just a temp fix though. some have done it and it never come back. so i tried it. and BOOM. im back in halo 3. couldnt believe it was that easy for a temp fix. if i can just keep winging it long enough till i move back to Tennessee so i can get me a new model 360 that has been fixed prerelease. I'll be one happy gamer

i've heard about the infamous "red ring" and if i were you, i would take it somewhere to have it looked at before you try the "towel method" whatever that may do. good luck!

I'm on my third 360, I do not know how long you've had yours, but the issue has been resolved in the latest release. I would not try to fix on your own, I would call Microsoft and get it fixed under warranty, I believe they extended the warranty's for the 360 for three years.

I tried the "towel" thing and it worked, for a week or so, then went right back to the dreaded "red ring of death"

The faster you get it back to Microsoft, the fast you will get it back from Microsoft.

Listen to Joker. Contact Microsoft, and depending on the year of manufacture, you may be able to get it repaired for free. Mine is in the window for free repair since I also got the Red Ring of Death, but have since gotten myself an Elite for the remainder of my time in Iraq.

Back