Xbox 360 QUestion

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
I am buying an Xbox 360 for my son for Christmas. I have looked and looked but I cannot find a difference in the Xbox 360 and the 360 elite except 100G more of HD space.

Are there any other difference in the two consoles (other than the color) that would make spending another $100 worth it?

Don

nope... unless the regular "cheaper" xbox happens to be one of the older ones that will give you the infamous "red ring" of lights to where you will have to send it in for repair. But i think they got all those old ones taken care of and replaced the bad parts in them by now. Unless your planning on doing alot of downloading, i wouldnt spend the money on the 100 gig hd IMO. I have the regular one and i've had my xbox for about a year and have never come close to filling the HD on it.

I second that. I have a reg unit and love it. Ive had it over a year now and not even close to fillin the thing up. the only time size is issue is when you download ALOT of movies and games but most people dont download that much unless your a VERY serious gamer.

Josh

depends on which xbox you get if you get one of the newer ones they have an admi cable and some of the older ones dont. the elite has one for sure. but other than that they are the same system. and the extra space is user dependent i have a fair amount of stuff on min like cds and such i think about 14 cds and i have 12 mb left i also have about 30 games saved on it so the regular is enough for me. but that black case is kick a$$.
beerchug.gif

All the old red ring ones have been well removed. The elite has a little more space and looks cool but it is not worth the cash at all. Save the cash that is two more games.

I second that. I have a reg unit and love it. Ive had it over a year now and not even close to fillin the thing up. the only time size is issue is when you download ALOT of movies and games but most people dont download that much unless your a VERY serious gamer.

Josh
+1, I got mine last Christmas and am not even close to filling it up, but I use it for games only, no movies or music on it, just 4 profiles for the family. enjoy... it's addicting!

ThumbsUp.gif

We have one of the older 360s, that had to go back for repair and a Halo3 model. Never needed the extra space.

depends on which xbox you get if you get one of the newer ones they have an admi cable and some of the older ones dont. the elite has one for sure. but other than that they are the same system. and the extra space is user dependent i have a fair amount of stuff on min like cds and such i think about 14 cds and i have 12 mb left i also have about 30 games saved on it so the regular is enough for me. but that black case is kick a$$.
beerchug.gif
the difference between HDMI and componet cables to an HDTV with an xbox 360 is negligable at best.

beerchug.gif
the difference between HDMI and componet cables to an HDTV with an xbox 360 is negligable at best.
I would even go so far to say that the difference between HDMI and component is negligable with all devices. And in some cases, component is a better option.

This is a bit off topic... but it really bothers me when sales guys try push the HDMI cables over component video. I was in one store buying an HD cable box and told the guy I didn't need any HDMI cables because I already had a spare component cable. I couldn't believe how hard he tried to push the $150 HDMI cable. Luckly for me, I had done my research.

I found out later that at that particular store they make a 35% commission on wiring.

Back