Xbox 360 : general discussion

gsferrari

Registered
Anyone here own a 360? I must admit I am VERY late to the party but I bought one this weekend on impulse. I wasn't expecting much because I have spent some time on the Xbox at a friends place and didnt really think it was special (some useless game...).

Well - I am not the one who goes for 180s very often but I am completely blown away by the 360
smile.gif
I've been gorging on the Live feature in games and i've made several new buddies already! Sounds rather weird but it is true!

Games I play:

MotoGP 06
Top Spin 2
Ridge Racer
PGR 3
Fight Night 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Dead or Alive 4
Table Tennis

Top Spin 2 is easily my favorite followed closely by TWPGA06. All the games are fun and the graphics are mind-blowing.

I *just* got off the console after nearly 2 hours of Top Spin 2 with some guy online...we were so closely matched that almost every game was going into multiple Deuce sessions...every set, without exception, ended in a tie-break!!

Of the 2 matches we played - we won 1 match each. I am so tired now that I feel like i've just played an actual game of tennis...FANTASTIC!!

There...I just had to get this out and yell out loud. I am SUPREMELY impressed with my 360 and I feel 8 years old once again...

Time to overdose on it with a quick midnight blast on the Hayabusa
smile.gif

smile.gif

haha, yes it is quite enjoyable! I was reeled in when a friend of mine had one on order when they first came out... Then he started working at a gaming company and was able to get one cheaper than what they were selling them so he asked if I wanted to buy the one he had on order... Initially, I said no thanks but then like a drug dealer he tells me "just to use it" and that I could decide later whether I wanted it or not (he says payback for lending him speakers/receiver one time).

The interface is quite well done. I connect mine to Live via wireless. The online purchase of points/games is dangerous. It's too easy to spend!

I've only played a few games:
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Kameo
Outfit
lot of the arcade online games and bought a few.

Some of the demos:
MotoGP'06 (too hard to get used to! haha!)
Dead or Alive 4

Add me! gamertag: "Icedmang"

My friend picked up MotoGP '06 for me so I'm going to pick it up tonight. Perhaps a little online competition in the near future! :-D

"Icedmang" added. Add me - "gsferrari"

MotoGP is quite hard but you get used to it with time. You HAVE to experiment with the views to find the one that you are most comfortable with. Some of the views lean the bikes independent of your view-point (I cant play with this view). Other views lean the bike along with your point of view - this is the best for me. Do a lot of steering input to maintain a line through a corner...brake like crazy...

Have fun - steep learning curve but when you get it right - SOOO rewarding!

Hey - get Top Spin 2 as well ... best 360 game so far (my opinion)

tonight once I get home from work, I'll add!
tounge.gif
Game on! I'll have to do a few warm up laps
smile.gif

focus on 1 track at a time. Let is race Jerez tonight? Jerez and Estoril...tackle the rest later...i'll set up the lobby.

Anyone here own a 360? I must admit I am VERY late to the party but I bought one this weekend on impulse. I wasn't expecting much because I have spent some time on the Xbox at a friends place and didnt really think it was special (some useless game...).

Well - I am not the one who goes for 180s very often but I am completely blown away by the 360
smile.gif
 I've been gorging on the Live  feature in games and i've made several new buddies already! Sounds rather weird but it is true!

Games I play:

MotoGP 06
Top Spin 2
Ridge Racer
PGR 3
Fight Night 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Dead or Alive 4
Table Tennis

Top Spin 2 is easily my favorite followed closely by TWPGA06. All the games are fun and the graphics are mind-blowing.

I *just* got off the console after nearly 2 hours of Top Spin 2 with some guy online...we were so closely matched that almost every game was going into multiple Deuce sessions...every set, without exception, ended in a tie-break!!

Of the 2 matches we played - we won 1 match each. I am so tired now that I feel like i've just played an actual game of tennis...FANTASTIC!!

There...I just had to get this out and yell out loud. I am SUPREMELY impressed with my 360 and I feel 8 years old once again...

Time to overdose on it with a quick midnight blast on the Hayabusa
smile.gif
+1 MotoGP 06 !

smile.gif

any of you playing it in HD? Is GP 06 any better or worse than 2, 3, 4 etc etc ? I would prefer better play mechanics over pretty shiney, HD cool grahpics. Game HAS to be fun, not just look cool

Playing on a 32" Samsung LCD HDTV.

Game looks "OK" imo compared to Tourist Trophy. I actually prefer the bike graphics and handling in TT over MotoGP 06. The "world" graphics look better in MotoGP 06.

Good game to have because it takes so much work to figure out how to handle the bike right. TT is too easy...sure there is an element of skill and the handling seems more "realistic" but I guess it is a love/hate thing with these games. I love em both
smile.gif

Who else is on for tonight? Put your gamertags here and we'll make a race of it. Up to 16 players at a time!!

CMON!

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156870854 -->

Im online folks...been practicing Jerez, Estoril, Istanbul and Shangai. My times are NOWHERE near the top on the leaderboards...waaaay off...at least 8 seconds off the pace of the really good riders. Should be fun racing you guys nonetheless.

Come online and leave me a message. I have a tennis match (top spin 2
smile.gif
) scheduled for 9:00pm which should take 1 hour if I play well...

My gamertag is gsferrari

bought mine back in march this year, have Ghost Recon advanced warfighter, Chromehounds, PRG3, Perfect Dark Zero, and OverG Fighters.
looking at getting madden 07, not sure yet. waiting for the the tom clancy series: double agent to come out, along with the rainbow six- las vegas.

oh yeah, I have a 65" mitsu platinum series HDTV. so I can see imperfections in all games, all though with the 360 it is the best graphics/smoothest I have seen yet. can't wait till the PS3 comes out.

I am so used to playing shooters with the Mouse and Keyboard that I simply cannot handle the shooter games on the XBox. GRAW, BF2 etc. etc. are all sweet...but if only I can connect a mouse and keyboard to this console...:(

Back