Wynn's Power Charge, do you believe?

Highlander

Donating Member
Registered
Got an email from Brocks Performance, saying "Cheap, easy horsepower! Better mileage", with a link to Brocks website to see a video. Dyno charts showing before and after running Wynn's Power Charge through a Busa. Looks convincing, and I see Brock's Performance as a outfit I trust. Check out the video at:
Brocks Performance: Wynn's Power Charge: Dyno Results of Fuel System Cleansing
He never stated the mix ratio they used in it, but it says one 16 oz can treats up to 20 gallons. So I emailed them, and asked them how they used it on that Busa. Fast response saying." We put the entire bottle in the tank with 2 gallons of fresh fuel. We have found that it is most effective doing it that way. Thanks, Steve". So, I'll order a bottle and give it a shot on my stock '07, with 20K on it. I'll let you y'all know how it turns out. I've been on their email list ever since they almost gave me these slip-ons a while back, on a blow out clearance sale.

almost.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been a fan or much of a believer in these "tune-up-in-a-bottle" type products...but both Brocks and Wynn's been around the block a few times.

Trustworthy names.

I may give it shot.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Nope

Long time ago, when still working as an Engineer for Mercedes, we put Wynns in their place, with their very convincing but BS demo's.

We actually proved that using their oil additves had a short term benefit with longer term accelerated engine wear.

If the second dyno run with Wynns was done with a warmer back tire, from the first dyno run, expect a few more horses.

Nope

Long time ago, when still working as an Engineer for Mercedes, we put Wynns in their place, with their very convincing but BS demo's.

We actually proved that using their oil additves had a short term benefit with longer term accelerated engine wear.

If the second dyno run with Wynns was done with a warmer back tire, from the first dyno run, expect a few more horses.

:thumbsup: Love hearing from impartial folks to get the truth.

I was actually lookin for a local place I could pick some up with no luck, no longer looking.

:thumbsup: Love hearing from impartial folks to get the truth.

I was actually lookin for a local place I could pick some up with no luck, no longer looking.

You'd also have to take into account Jelly's first few words..."Long time ago"...also he was referring to oil additives.This product is just another attempt at cleaning injectors without removing them...sans Seafoam.

Also if there is any truth to Jelly's warmer tire theory then nobody has, since the invention of the dynometer ever been handed a succesful,accurate dyno read or tune.

By the time a test pilot returns with a bike,gets it loaded,set up,wired...I'm not sure how much heat a casual 10 mile street ride will be remaining in a tire.

As I said,I'm always skeptical of the 10 dollar tune ups,but folks have been adding things like Stabil to fuel for years with no adverse effects.

RSD.

I'm with Jelly, I'm not the sharpest crayon in the shed, but this OS almost to good to be true.

That being said, if a member tries it and agrees it gives ya more seat of the pants power, ill give it a shot. (hint hint Rubb) :laugh:

Well, it will be here tomorrow, via UPS. It might be a while before I get to put it to test. IT WON'T STOP RAINING!!!!
I'm going through Busa withdrawals! The 10 day forecast doesn't look good, either.

I've tried it in lower concentrations and didn't notice anything. My brother used to be a distributor for Wynns so I got it free. FYI, the Mopar injector cleaner is the same stuff with a different label.

I've tried it in lower concentrations and didn't notice anything. My brother used to be a distributor for Wynns so I got it free. FYI, the Mopar injector cleaner is the same stuff with a different label.

I dont think it would be anything "you could feel" unless yer injectors were super clogged and this magic potion cleaned 'em right up.

I'm just saying its hard to believe Brock Davidson just recently "sold out"...and I dont mean out of Wynns.:laugh:

There is nothing super scientific about this krap,if it cleans out fuel injectors even by one micron the equation stands to reason a dyno would show an' increase in horsepower.

If you let yer bike sit for 6 months after a dyno run,then flashed it up and did another,I'd guess the fuel would have gone green and plugged some shi7 up causing a drop in performance.

But I'll let someone else try it first. I'm down to one running Busa.:laugh:

RSD.

It does work. Ive used it several times. Its best used in about a half tank thats true. It will really help clean out the fuel system big time. I put it in mine each spring. checked it on the dyno as well and yes it will help you pick up a few hp and help the running of the bike. It cleans the crap out of the fuel system .... i wouldnt buy it from brock though. he is way way over priced ... wants like $30 plus shipping. You can get the stuff from some goodyear dealers. Just make sure that the bottle you get is a new one. I got one that was old and didnt realize it. instead of being clear it was cloudy kinda tarnished color and the safety cap seal was so old that it just fell right off. so there is a shelf life so just check the the safety seal under the cap. if it is secure and good. than id say your good to go.its like $20 at goodyear

Back