WWJD's romantic lines thread reminded me of this

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, Halloween a few years ago, Paul (GMbusa) and I went to Harleyween at the Harley dealer. Well, long story short, there was this beautiful blond lady in an angel outfit. She worked there, and walked by us a few times as we sat at a table. After some egging on from Paul, I used the line that fit the situation...
"I guess it's true."
"Whats that?"
"Made in heaven."
She kinda giggled, said how cute, and got back to work. Well, Paul and I got bored and went to Applebees to grab some food. As we're waiting on food, Paul decides to break it to me.
"Hey Ben, I can't believe you actually used that line on her."
"I know, I've never done a pick up line on a woman before."
"Yeah. Oh by the way Ben, She's married with kids."
That bastid. Talked me into hitting on a woman he knew was married... Okay, it was actually funny, and I felt like a complete jackass.
laugh.gif

You did her a favor.
clap.gif
Sometimes married women are flattered to be hit on.
heart.gif
Makes them feel like other guys are still looking even if she isn't. She probably went home, told her hubby and......well you can take it from there.
laugh.gif

Even though she was married, you made her day no doubt. So just smile and think of it that way!

It probably made her day. I know so many people in long-term relationships - men and women - don't get that kind of compliment from their partner. (must clarify - I'm not one of them)

Yeah, you were hitting on her, but you didn't know she was married.

Nothing wrong with a little flattery.
beerchug.gif

I always tell my wife that "if a guy is blind enough not to see the ring, or ignorant enough not to care that she is married, let him buy the drinks." This saves me money
thumb_up.gif

I agree with the other ladies on this one, you made her night. I guarantee it. It is nice to be noticed sometimes, regardless if you are married or not. Nothing wrong with acknowledging someones beauty.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I agree with the other ladies on this one, you made her night. I guarantee it. It is nice to be noticed sometimes, regardless if you are married or not. Nothing wrong with acknowledging someones beauty.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I ain't worried about it in the least. I think it's the funniest thing Paul's pulled on me so far! I thought everyone would find it funny.
laugh.gif

No, that was YOUR line Ben. The pickup line I got you to use was "Did it hurt?........ When you fell from heaven"

Anyway, Ben...I think it's better to feel like a 'complete jackass' than an 'incomplete jackass'...

You might agree.

Maybe.

laugh.gif

Back