wth? obama quoting the bible?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
he's quoting job?

30:26 "Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness."

i thought he was muslim. it's a crazy crazy world we're living in...

While he may have quoted the Bible, he cited "scripture". Perhaps I'm splitting hairs, but...well yeah. Seems like he could say where the quote comes from.

I'm just being picky.

he did, he said it was from the book of job. lol, wouldn't have been able to find it otherwise, i don't know the bible that well

he's quoting job?

30:26 "Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness."

i thought he was muslim. it's a crazy crazy world we're living in...

I don't believe he is a Muslim. Isn't he a Christian?

he bows to muslim leaders. actually, he bows to almost everyone. he claims to be christian, but his "church" is almost as out of whack as wbc. remember the whole uproar about his pastor? can't recall his name, but he's pretty bad.

The world will end in the name of god! Don't muslims read the old testament? Don't jews read the old testament? Don't christians read the old testament? Same book, different interpretations. The world will end in the name of god!

why the surprise? Satan quoted scripture too in Genesis 3 and Matthew 4...the problem comes when people (or Satan) takes a small portion out of context and twists it to their own purpose or meaning...just because someone quotes a few words in the correct order, it doesn't mean they are interpreting it correctly or imparting anything even remotely close to the truth :whistle:

I always find it enormously amusing when liberals try to quote Scripture. They usually misquote it, misunderstand it, or don't actually know which book it came from. Al Gore made a fool out of himself by doing this.

Why can't he quote the good book ?
What's wrong with trying to make peace with your enemies instead of continued aggression ?
And yes the world will end as Lamb says with all saying :
OMG, a few 'Ahhhhhhhhhhhs' and a couple 'helps' but mostly omg :)

Job always disturbed me.....

Kind of like god and satan, kicking back at a BBQ, drinking some beers one day, and ruining a mans life to prove a point.

This post is funny. You guys do realize he's reading off a paper that someone else wrote for him. Right?

Im sorry, but the whole "Memorial" thing with all the clapping and rabble rousing was a bit festive for me. I didnt get it. I dont get the need for all the fanfare. When the Prez came up to the podium he was greeted with cheers and whoops and hollers like it was a dang fund raising rally. I watched him speak for 5 minutes and he never looks into the camera..which to me is not making eye contact. And we all know what it means when people dont make eye contact with you when they speak to you....:whistle:

Sad that people lost their lives, but who decides who's life is worth a 2 hour political hoopla?

just my one and only .02 on anything political.

Back