WTH??? Obama Aunt here illegally for 4 years???

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
AP: Obama aunt from Kenya living illegally in US
WASHINGTON, Sat Nov 01, 10:12 AM

People who read this also read
Palin may not be able to cash in on fame

Obama seeks landslide but McCain predicts upset

Police official: Hudson nephew likely died in SUV

Police: Husband strangled missing NY teacher

Fans roar as Phillies parade through city

Barack Obama's aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been quietly living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

Zeituni Onyango (zay-TUHN on-YANG-oh), referred to as "Aunti Zeituni" in the Democratic presidential candidate's memoir, was instructed to leave the United States by a U.S. immigration judge who denied her asylum request, a person familiar with the matter told the AP late Friday. This person spoke on condition of anonymity because no one was authorized to discuss Onyango's case.

Onyango, 56, is Obama's late father's half-sister, the Obama campaign has confirmed. She is not a relative whom Obama, 47, has discussed in campaign appearances and, unlike Obama's father and his maternal grandmother, is not someone who has been part of the public discussion about his personal life.

The Obama campaign declined to comment late Friday night.

Information about the deportation case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one a federal law enforcement official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release.

Onyango's refusal to leave the country would represent an administrative, noncriminal violation of immigration law, meaning such cases are handled outside the criminal court system. Estimates vary, but many experts believe there are more than 10 million such immigrants in the U.S.

According to Federal Election Commission documents filed by the Obama campaign, Onyango has contributed $260 to Obama over a period of time. Under federal election law, only U.S. citizens or green-card holders are legally permitted to give money to campaigns. Onyango, who listed her employer as the Boston Housing Authority, gave in small increments to the Obama campaign. Her latest contribution was $5 on Sept. 19.

The AP could not immediately reach Onyango for comment. When a reporter went to her home Friday night, no one answered the door. A neighbor said she was often not home on the weekend. Onyango did not immediately return telephone and written messages left at her home. It was unclear why her request for asylum was rejected in 2004.

A spokeswoman for U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, Kelly Nantel, said the government does not comment on an individual's citizenship status or immigration case.

Onyango's case — coming to light just days before the presidential election — led to an unusual nationwide directive within Immigrations and Customs Enforcement requiring that any deportations before Tuesday's election be approved at least at the level of the agency's regional directors, the U.S. law enforcement official told the AP.

The unusual directive suggests that the administration is sensitive to the political implications of Onyango's case coming to light so close to the election.

The East African nation has been fractured in violence in recent years, including a period of two months of bloodshed after December 2007 that killed 1,500 people.

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino said Saturday that he had no idea how Onyango might have qualified for public housing with a standing deportation order. He said he's not involved in the operations of the agency, even though he appoints the head, because it runs mainly on federal and state dollars.

William McGonagle, deputy director of the Boston Housing Authority, said when contacted: "I know nothing about it and I've got no comment."

———

Spagat reported from New York. Associated Press writers Rodrique Ngowi and Jay Lindsay in Boston contributed to this report.

Who gives a Sh*t? ???
Typical last minute controversial material release to try to upset the public opinion.

I care. And, so should you. She is here illegally and living off of your tax dollars. Why wouldn't that bother you, whether it is Obama's aunt, or someone else? I don't work as hard as I do, pay my taxes, etc. to allow her to be here sponging off our already drained economy. She is here illegally, she is living off of public assistance illegally, and is I am sure waiting to see if her nephew wins, b/c I am sure he would then make sure she is allowed to stay. I think it says alot to Obama's position on immigration. If you can't see that, then no use in debating it.

I care. And, so should you. She is here illegally and living off of your tax dollars. Why wouldn't that bother you, whether it is Obama's aunt, or someone else? I don't work as hard as I do, pay my taxes, etc. to allow her to be here sponging off our already drained economy. She is here illegally, she is living off of public assistance illegally, and is I am sure waiting to see if her nephew wins, b/c I am sure he would then make sure she is allowed to stay. I think it says alot to Obama's position on immigration. If you can't see that, then no use in debating it.

Yeah.. I would have to agree on this.

I have serious issues with people being here in the states illegally and living off my tax dollars. serious issues.

Why do I want a president who has family living here illegally.

come on, people have to realize that is pretty controversial

She lives in the slums and he mentions her in his book no less... I have no idea about her legality but this is Mr Family with an Aunt living in the slums...

I gotta feeling this is gonna be a close race... Anyone remember "Dewey Wins!" :rofl:

dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

You're not from NM are you, LoL...

What I don't understand about the illegals that come from Mexico into New Mexico is that if their country suks so bad then why do they spend most of their time trying to convert small towns into "Mexican like" towns... Poor wages, dirty and everyone just hanging out waiting to die... I don't get it...

As for Obama, ahhh he most likely had no clue... Heck, I've got two uncles that live 180miles away from me that I haven't seen or talked to in over 10 years...

OH BOY. ALL illegal immigrants really need to leave. Our tax dollars are not going far enough as it is.

She lives in the slums and he mentions her in his book no less... I have no idea about her legality but this is Mr Family with an Aunt living in the slums...

I gotta feeling this is gonna be a close race... Anyone remember "Dewey Wins!" :rofl:

By that statement, I take it that you are singlehandedly supporting all of the less fortunate members of your family, keeping them out of the gutter or better yet making sure they don't fall victim to the ravages of Crystal Meth?

Come on!

I care. And, so should you. She is here illegally and living off of your tax dollars.

How do you know that? Oh right.. By the word of an Anonymous (read McCain flunky) source.. Making more assumptions to start a wildfire?

She was denied asylum and somehow now her lifestyle is being bankrolled by the Government... Really? ???

Last edited:
OH BOY. ALL illegal immigrants really need to leave. Our tax dollars are not going far enough as it is.

Oh my goodness, if you spent a fraction of the time you use studying the Bible to learn about the facts of illegal immigration... Well... Nevermind.:poke:

By that statement, I take it that you are singlehandedly supporting all of the less fortunate members of your family, keeping them out of the gutter or better yet making sure they don't fall victim to the ravages of Crystal Meth?

Come on!
you did not read his book I guess... He talks about how family must take care of family... and in that very subject he talks about his Aunt... yea he took care of his own alright...

Oh and I did NOT read Pelosi's book, only 2700 were sold nationwide :rofl: but this is a guy trying to be president... I hold him to a higher standard than myself.. he wants to talk about how great he was, how good they were at taking care of their own and "HE" brought her into the focus... not I

(and I am the "least fortunate" of our family, the bad apple) :laugh:

Last edited:
Idealism and Realism are vastly different.
I dont get it... you went after me for the statement and I was just repeating what he said... has little to with "idealism" his reality was he had taken care of his "Aunt" as she was family... was not my idea to bring her name up , it was his... I am sure he would have left her out of the book along with the "what a great family system I have" thing if he had thought about her being in the states illegally... (makes me wonder if it is true or not, but what is true, is she lives in the slums and he claimed to have taken care of her)

I guess its not on snopes yet :laugh:

im too lazy to see. and I guess I honestly dont care that much :sulk:

if its true it still sucks no matter how you look at it.

He is just bored, he could care less about it either way... when Projekt needs entertainment he just yanks a few chains :laugh: needs to go ride the Rune...

You understand that our Republican President proposed granting amnesty to illegal aliens, right?

And that John McCain:

1. Sponsored a bill--which failed to pass--that proposed a "guest-worker" program that would lead to citizenship for illegal immigrants?

2. Tried to pass amnesty legislation for illegal aliens in both 2006 and 2007? (Senate Bill 2611.)

3. Supported in-state tuition for illegal aliens? (Senate Bill 774.)

4. Voted to kill the border fence with Mexico? (Amendment to Senate Bill 2611 (2006).)

5. Voted in favor of Social Security benefits to illegal aliens? (Senate Amendment 3985.)

I wasn't voting for Obama before, and I'm still not voting for him. So I guess it didn't sway my vote!

Back