WTF windscreen broke my brand new front fairing?

BUSANAS

Registered
OK... Long story short I had to replace some parts from wreck. The brand new OEM front fairing I got broke when I tried to slip in my new Suzuki double bubble where it slides in right behind the morrors, theres a plastic part that is hot rivited where the upper intake cover attaches to... What sould I do? :banghead: I lightly rough sanded the part and the back of the fairing wipped it with a damp cloth and gorilla glued it taped it tight to dry. Waiting to see if it holds when I get off work.

Hit a couple spots With a soldering ironAnd re-melt it, or use 3M plastic emblem adhesive and clamp it tight till it dries. Not sure Gorilla glue will hold it

Hit a couple spots With a soldering ironAnd re-melt it, or use 3M plastic emblem adhesive and clamp it tight till it dries. Not sure Gorilla glue will hold it

+1, the soldering iron works best for the screen, I have done this before to stick the inside fairing thta hold the screen tab, came off cpl of yrs ago, still holding up.

No I did not, it was minor just enough to break the headlight lense and the front of the nose on the fairing. everrthing went together fine except this last bit.. the windscreen. Havnt got to check the glue job yet as im working.

The slightest tweak to it and it will put pressure where it shouldn't be. The mirrors,screen and the corner of the fairing all are right therewhere it popped off at, hence the question. Good Luck..

No I did not, it was minor just enough to break the headlight lense and the front of the nose on the fairing. everrthing went together fine except this last bit.. the windscreen. Havnt got to check the glue job yet as im working.

Got home and the gorilla glue failed miserably. I looked at the fairing stay very closely and everything matches up with the distance to the gauge surround, it dosnt seem to be bent in the slightest. I have three windscreens stock, Suzuki DB, and Harris, the only one that seems to fit without forcing it is the stock. I will take some pics later. Thanks all

Permatex plastic weld did the trick but the only windscreen that fits just fine is the stock one. The Harris and the Suzuki DB wont fit at all... this is a head scratcher. If the fairing stay was tweaked it would seem to me none of them would fit and the fairing wouldnt snap into where the mirrors bolt on.

I would guess you dont have some installed just right. Plus there are edges in there that make screen installs trouble some.

I'm guessing this is a Gen II?

RSD.

My genII was a pain when it came to putting in aftermarket windscreens. I had 2 different ones and both were troublesome. I had to have someone help me put them in the first few times to make sure I wasn't breaking anything. After the 1st few changes I got it to where I could switch them out myself but they were still a tight fit.

You haven't been sold a screen for a gen II by any chance have you?

They are fairly close,but not interchangeable.

RSD.

I don't know if its gonna hold using glue or what have you?? Any time you buzz down the highway at a good clip or a windy day may put pressure on that point and its designed to flex so you may end up cracking or re breaking it. IDK? Hopefully something does the trick for you. Post up some pics of the repair maybe somebody has been down this road before :beerchug:

That part number is showing up as discontinued...???

RSD.

Its definately odd thou...I am sporting that exact screen on one of Busa's right now. I have no clue why yers doesn't fit.

RSD.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Very odd indeed... I dont have to force the stock winscreen in the least but both double bubbles dont fit at all even with force, which is why the mount broke off. I had the Harris on the bike for years too with no problems.

Back