WTF - Need Help

My Pictures to prove these were my bikes at my house...the black Victory Vegas is now being listed in the Fraud Auction.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works
Shows the same house

front one is my Victory Hammer, rear bike is the Blk Vegas

shows the 04 Vegas from the rear

Shows the same crpy driveway, garage, house as the 04 Vegas...just wanted to offer proof this Vegas was my bike and Im completely positive this guy relisting my old bike is a fraud

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. Im really glad the item was pulled, and someone didnt get scammed for alot of $$$$. A big thank you to this Forum.
cool.gif

sorry, just trying to make some money on the side :-)

just kidding.. this actually happened to me too. good job catching it.

People should learn to super-impose(?) the auction number on the image before posting them?? might help in the future.(?)

Send him an email and ask to come and see the bike in person. If he's a local, go and beat him with a rubber hose.

I'd like to take a trip to Nigeria. Go to one of their cyber cafe's and shoot up the place. I read a couple articles about scamming and the places that it's coming from. Nigeria is a big one.

That would take out a major part of the scamming community.

Hi Valium, This is a very common fraud on E Bay. If you follow up on this....do not under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES make payment or give any information about yourself other than a screen name......you may find the "seller" suddenly has togo out of the country, tells you the title is with the bike, the bike is at the shipper (so you can't pick it up with a cashier's check) or some other scam that gets your money into the hands of a "seller" without you having any way to get the bike. Usually these bikes go for a deal so good we think we are almost stealing them. Unfortunately the stealing is usually the other way around.
evil.gif

So, what do you do.....let E Bay know all the details so their security people can try and find the culprit. But, beware, the seller may produce responses to you that look like E Bay. Contact E Bay only via their web site....not through answering any commnication that comes to you. Hope this helps.
By the way my new Busa has about 400 miles on it and it is absoluetly awesum.... even if it hasn't gone much beyond 100 mph yet. And the Yoshimura RS-3's sound great, especially in front of the Harley dealership.
biggrin.gif
newbie.gif

Just a follow-up:

Ebay has emailed me a few times thanking me for my time in bringing the auction to their attention ---Big deal

Ebay did pull the auction about 2 hours after I notifed them, --- so that was nice, but honestly I would have liked a little more personal attention. On the 5 things Ive sold on Ebay, Ive had to pay charges upward of $500.00 combinded, due to the high selling prices came big insertion fees and Ebays cut of the pie. Ok...I can deal with the fees, but since I am paying a good chunk of change in fees for the Ebay experience, I would like Ebay to be a little better with the customer service & Security area.

I will continue to use Ebay but as mentioned in another post I think Im going to Watermark my photos with my Ebay name...however that only has limited protection. Heck, anyone could come to this site, find a members bike, search some of that user's threads and get some possibly personla info, and create a scam on ebay. Not sure if there is any way to protect a buyer on ebay from scams....but the one thing I did do on my auction for the Vegas was list my cell number....and on the new fraud auction, he deleted that part of the listing...I guess if I were to drop 12K + on something, I wanna talk on the phone to the seller, get recent picture, etc.

Back