WTF kind of spider is this???

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
Found this guy on my couch. Beat him with a Family Circle magazine. Took him outside on said magazine. Took pics. WHAT IS HE? ? ? Why does he have a perfect orange heart on him? ? ? ? I hate spiders!

IMAG0052.jpg

phidippus audax. otherwise known as a jumping spyder. pretty common in the southwest US and Mexico. EXTREMELY poisonous! one bite and ud be dead in about 30 seconds!:omg: jus kiddn.....:laugh:

i dont know, i think if i lived where they get that big i would be moving

Just a hairy jumping spider. Those are one of the most intelligent and trusting of spiders hence he didnt expect to get smacked with a freaking magazine by a grown man. They are one of the only spiders that can look around by moving their head. If you watch them and move your hand back and forth they will follow it. They also track their prey (flies mostly) by following them slowly then try to cut them off with an ambush, harmless and fun to watch. Leave the spiders alone.

Just a hairy jumping spider. Those are one of the most intelligent and trusting of spiders hence he didnt expect to get smacked with a freaking magazine by a grown man. They are one of the only spiders that can look around by moving their head. If you watch them and move your hand back and forth they will follow it. They also track their prey (flies mostly) by following them slowly then try to cut them off with an ambush, harmless and fun to watch. Leave the spiders alone.

Way to go bro, you killed something unique and very talented. You must now breed them and set them free to bring a balance back to nature.:rofl:

I hate F-en spiders.... really like snakes tho:laugh: although, at one time I did have quite a few pet spiders, go figure....:whistle:

and a favorite of photographers:

jumping spider - Google Search

about as deadly as cotton balls...

duke you are now limited to 2 magazines..:laugh:

Nice one, Those are cool pics. I spent an hour one day sipping a beer on the deck and watching a jumping spider track a fly all over the railing. He was so patient and clever that when the fly landed on the same side as him instead of walking toward it he turned around and went around the other side to take the fly from its blind spot. Its pretty amazing what you learn when you watch them, you dont learn much after whacking them with a crappy magazine.

Back