WSBK coming to MMP in 08!!

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Miller Motorsports Park has been added as part of the World Superbike Schedule for 2008!!

08 is going to be a great year for World Championship Motorcycle racing as MotoGP will visit the states twice (Laguna and Indy) and WSBK in Utah @ MMP. Barber Motorsports Park is still in negotiations for a 2nd U.S. round.

Miller Motorsports Park To Host World Superbike in 2008
sources say 'done deal'
by evan williams
Sunday, July 29, 2007

Miller primed for World Superbike in 2008
image by gary davidson
European sources tell Soup that a Utah World Superbike round in '08 is a done deal. While a contract has not been signed, it has been agreed that Miller Motorsports Park will hold a World Superbike race next year.

Barber Motorsports Park and FG Sport (the World Superbike promoter) are still negotiating on a potential 2008 race in Alabama.

World Superbike has not raced in the US since 2004 after a decade of events in California. After that race Laguna Seca's international round went to MotoGP. The original home of World Superbike in the US was Brainerd International Raceway.

Absolutely awesome! Now we can see how the AMA Superbike Times stand up to the WSBK guys on the same track! Miller and Barber are both in another league compared to Indy in my NSHO. I am not a fan of stadium style race tracks (Daytona, Fontana, Indy etc.) Natural terrain Road courses are far more interesting to me. Not that getting a second USGP (at F1's loss) is a bad thing, I just think that either of the two tracks mentioned aboave are far more relevant to the MotoGP world championship racetracks. 4 world championship rounds in the US next year. I am going ot need a bigger DVR!
ices_rofl.gif

hey the more we attend and support, the more races will be here right? sounds great to me

Geezzzzzzzzz, I hope it's a better race than last weeks in Bruno ! That was the MOST Boring race this year. Reminded me of F1 several years ago. After the first lap, only crashes or mechanicals changed to finishing order. Definately not any passing  
all_coholic.gif
. OH Yeah,  Max did pass once on the second to last lap to win the second race
laugh.gif

Hopefully they run the whole track and not just the outer loop like the AMA guys!

Back