WRT finally has AutoTune for the Gen1!

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
Just going to get this out of the way - there is no replacement for a good dyno tune, yes i know and yes ive spent my $$ with a tuner in the past...

So now to the good stuff! Justin has finally released the software in WRT for autotune on the Gen1 Denso ECU's (and some other similar ECU's). My Denso Logbox Pro has shipped and i will definitely be posting updates and pictures.

WRT-Auto.jpg

What makes it so bad? I use ECU Editor and it is fine for me and I would like to have Autotune option.

Was wondering that myself. I have not seen what can be done with the other models but I can only guess that not all are created equal. I like it for its simplicity in writing the bin files. There are quite a few features for the gen 1 and it still has more fine tuning power over the PC.

Was wondering that myself. I have not seen what can be done with the other models but I can only guess that not all are created equal. I like it for its simplicity in writing the bin files. There are quite a few features for the gen 1 and it still has more fine tuning power over the PC.

Well Johnny is comparing to the ECU Editor software. HW wise does anyone make an interface that is at least as fast as WRT's interface? I haven't been paying attention lately on some of the changes lately.

Well Johnny is comparing to the ECU Editor software. HW wise does anyone make an interface that is at least as fast as WRT's interface? I haven't been paying attention lately on some of the changes lately.

As far as i know, WRT is the only program that has ZX maps (and you do have to pay for them) and new maps for different models are added all the time but without access to a map, you cant really see which features are really available. Busa has the luck that if you create the maps in ECU Editor, you can use ECU Editor for all of the features that are there PLUS the ease of tuning and now the added feature of autotune/8 channel data logging.

Quick question, I have the older model that has no log box, it just says denso, when I connect it to the bike, I cant start the bike whist its connected, however i can flash it when its connected is that normal or do I have a problem?

There should be a switch that you have to flip. one side is ECU write - the other side should be for ECU Data reading. The older boostbysmith setups would actually read the dash signal wire and you could get real time data from the ECU.

Back