WRECKED

WRECKED - who has wrecked or laid their bike down?

• NEVER

Votes: 158 98.8%
  • ONCE or more

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

canIdream?

Registered
Just curious, every once in awhile I see a sad post but was wondering how many people on this board have laid down or wrecked any streetbike they've owned.

Let me see, the first bike was ripped out from under me on a bridge @ about 50mph, the second bike was stolen, the third I caught some sugar sand south of Mendacino on Hwy1 in NorCal, and I let some of the pretyy out of the busa in a P-lot... Doing good aren't I???

firedevil.gif Nothing broken on me, just the bikes...

With a little help from the wife I threw my brand new harley down in the ditch at 70 mph about 2 1/2 years ago. We both got some rash but nothing serious. Hadn't even made the first payment on the harley when it happend. I still give her grief about it, but I got it all back together and still ride the piss outta it. Never been down on the Busa (thank God, cause i dont think i would survive going down at 190 mph) :0

I've been down 3 times. First while I was learning to ride a motorcycle under the guidance of my neighbor. He led me faster than my ability over a hill that dropped and curved right. I locked the rear, got sideways, released the rear and discovered the thrill of a high speed high side.
Second time I turned into the driveway of a gas station with my wife on back. There had been an oil spill that the manager just threw gravel on. Acted like ball bearings even though I was going under 5mph we were on the ground before we could blink. The manager said the same thing had just happened to another motorcycle with the guy breaking his leg. I told him he'd be looking at a lawsuit if he didn't scrape up the oil and lay down some kitty litter.
Third time I was on my Honda CX500 Turbo racing my neighbor on his Yamaha Seca 750. I won but slowing from 130mph we came up on a car in a 40mph curve. I slowed to about 70 when I had to make a choice and opted for the median. The bike slid quite a way without flipping and only had cosmetic damage. I did all the flipping for the two of us. Pretty impressive if you haven't done it: sky, ground, sky, ground... Took a while but finally came to a stop with a slight sprain to my ankle, slight hyperextension of my knee and a small bruise to the hip (and ego). Limped around a little for a week then fine. Trees were planted in the median the next year which would have change this story for the worse.
So far the busa hasn't been down, even after a track day.

Got my first sportbike at 17........never dropped one yet, and I'll be 32 in a little over a week.
Knock on wood.
Knock on wood.
Knock on wood.
tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Numerous times in the dirt but never got more then a bruise. Once on the street and broke my leg in four places. The road turned but I didn't. I missed the guard rail but not the tree. crazy.gif That sucked.

Better wear the right gear, your odds are running out!

Countless dirt. A just recent lowside $6400.00 stint.

One word of advice,,,, don't try to get up until your through sliding. cool.gif

Highsided at 5 mph in a gas station parking lot. Went to do my yearly good deed with a high school car wash and then the tire started spinning when I left. The only problem was it dried as fast as it spun so I couldn't crank the throttle and keep it spinning. Biggest body slam I ever expierenced. Taught me a lesson about not wearing a helmet within a mile of home.

Dropped my Harley about 15 minutes after I unloaded it from the truck (stalled it and nearly laid it on my leg in the driveway!)...then, a few days later, wrecked it in a subdivision due to complete idiotic inexperience!  I was headed off toward a ditch and didn't know the controls well enough to stop myself!  (yeah, I was stupid)

Very embarrassing considering how easily it could have been avoided!  I know the bike like my car now, and I can't believe I couldn't stop that day!  Messed my wrist up (still bothers me over 2 years later)...cut my face up (half-helmet - can you say "idiot"!), busted mouth...nice learning experience!

Pays to learn before you ride!? face7.gif

Owned my busa about two hours......Turned in a side-street a little too fast....hit some sand......down she went.....busted the left fairing and front fender.....road rashed the nose piece and left can......tore up my knee and left elbow. Learned a very expensive lesson with that one.

Due To My MAD SKILLS, and superior foresight I have never wrecked on the street!   wow.gif  

Kidding Kidding, I have never wrecked on the street but I cannot count the number of times I wrecked in the dirt growing up.  I have broken or fractured my left wrist, left ankle, 2 ribs, collor bone, and some others I cannot remember now I think, all in the dirt.

As for wrecking on the street, I have come really close and it was my MAD SKILLS that saved me... down.gif Oh allright, I'll fess Up, MAD FREAKIN LUCKY is what I have been on several occasions.  When it comes to other vehicles I have found that planning on them trying to kill me has saved my ass hundreds of times.  

I feel that timing is critical to staying safe.  If the world is moving right everything comes together.  If things are off I don't ride, or I take a break if allready on the road...and wait for the world to be right again...my guardian angle too catch up.

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCKing on that wood...

Due To My MAD SKILLS, and superior foresight I have never wrecked on the street!   wow.gif  

Kidding Kidding, I have never wrecked on the street but I cannot count the number of times I wrecked in the dirt growing up.  I have broken or fractured my left wrist, left ankle, 2 ribs, collor bone, and some others I cannot remember now I think, all in the dirt.

As for wrecking on the street, I have come really close and it was my MAD SKILLS that saved me... down.gif Oh allright, I'll fess Up, MAD FREAKIN LUCKY is what I have been on several occasions.  When it comes to other vehicles I have found that planning on them trying to kill me has saved my ass hundreds of times.  

I feel that timing is critical to staying safe.  If the world is moving right everything comes together.  If things are off I don't ride, or I take a break if allready on the road...and wait for the world to be right again...my guardian angle too catch up.

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCKing on that wood...
Revlis - that you haven't wrecked is probably more skill than you realize...luck plays a part, but you sound like my husband - he always assumes the worst, like that the guy looking right at you getting ready to make a left hand turn across your lane does't actually see you...it's saved him many times...I'm learning loads from what he does when he rides, and attribute that to his "luck" in riding as well...

Always assuming others will kill you is a good thing! grim.gif

Never in over twenty-years of riding......... Unless you count the only accident I've been in on a motorcycle. I was hit while sitting on a Honda Magna in a parking stall. Of all the crummy luck, bike was a loss. Darn drunk drivers, flipped me up and over the automobile, bike went under the car and wedged itself beneath the front end. I didn't have a thing wrong with me!

dropped left side... forgot to put down the kickstand.

dropped right side... putting on rear stand too fast, and momentum kept it moving over to the right.

dropped off trailer... backing down onto the ramp, went to get off the bike to walk it down, oops! nothing for my foot to step on!! lucky it didn't fall over on top of me! :0

only plastic broken so far. would hate to break a case..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back