Wrecked 2011 !?!?! Can you help me ??

C-Ya

Registered
Today was a rare day of sunshine here in the Seattle area. I decided to take the mistress out for a ride. I went into a store and when I returned 45 minutes later my 2011 Busa was laying on the right side.

No marks or damage on the left side, kick stand still in the extended postition. From what I can guess, someone sat on it/knocked it over.

Not wanting to file an insurace claim for cosmetic damage, can anyone share some knowledge of where to aquire some discounted replacement parts? I am hoping someone might have or know where to get quality replacement parts possible from a Busa that was damaged on the left side? Here is a list of what I need.. Pics included for amusement purpose only:laugh:

Any Info/Help is greatly appreciated as I am being deployed again tomorrow and my time will be seriously limited..

Thanks

Right Mirror
Front Brake Lever
Right Bar End? (not sure what it is called)
Right Side Fairing/ Cowling (Black/Red design for 2011)
Right Front Foot Peg
Right Exhaust Can

20130531_175648.jpg

20130531_175700.jpg

20130531_175707.jpg

20130531_175718.jpg

20130531_175729.jpg

20130531_175810.jpg

With all that damage,the fairings especially...make that call to insurance. Call cops first,report hit and run. Perhaps store surveillance cam has yer culprit. Win win either way.

All that busted shi7 is gonna cost. Are hit and runs not a free fix for the owner?

Unless there is something yer not telling us...???.........:whistle:

I have no idea why you wouldn't have called the cops to start with. What if you had unseen damage.

The bar end you'll get for 20 bucks,the can maybe real cheap or free+shipping from a good samaritan who has gone aftermarket.Same with the lever.

Good luck, RSD.

How much is your ins deductible?
That side fairing oem is two pieces and together they are $5-600.
That exhaust can is also a pretty price. If your deductible is only $500 I'd file a claim because its gonna be more than that to fix it RIGHT. The factory fairings come painted perfectly to match ready to install. You will only need to reuse some of the heat shields on inside of scratched fairing for proper install.
I'd say you're looking at an approx $1000-1250.
The ins agent will hopefully give you a nice estimate. You buy the new fairing and hopefully use the rest to get yourself a new 4into1 exhaust you've been eyeing.
Send Justin from Honda East Toledo a pm. He's a sponsor here and can get you what you need to fix her up.

Yep, easy $1200 just in parts... $2500 +\- to have a shop if it. Make a claim on your insurance, get Justin to hook you up with factory parts at a discount, do the work yourself, buy some upgrades with the extra cash you'll have.

For what that one can costs new you can buy most aftermarket full exhaust systems.
Make the claim, insist on NEW parts and get a Yosh pipe or something similar with the $.

With all that damage,the fairings especially...make that call to insurance. Call cops first,report hit and run. Perhaps store surveillance cam has yer culprit. Win win either way.

All that busted shi7 is gonna cost. Are hit and runs not a free fix for the owner?

Unless there is something yer not telling us...???.........:whistle:

I have no idea why you wouldn't have called the cops to start with. What if you had unseen damage.

The bar end you'll get for 20 bucks,the can maybe real cheap or free+shipping from a good samaritan who has gone aftermarket.Same with the lever.

Good luck, RSD.

Yes... The cops were called... I was hesitant to file a claim due to my claim free record. After pricing all the parts on a OEM Suzuki parts website I am looking at $2100 just in parts. The dealership quoted my higher prices on the parts and the labor is what it is...

I called my agent at home and he came over to look at it, he is as frustrated as I am, and will take care of it on Monday.

I will take the advice and get a Yoshi 4-1 pipe since it is cheaper than the stock exhaust.

This must be karma for me reporting a hit-n-run last week that I witnessed.. Oh well ... We will ride again... after all, it is only cosmetic :)

There ya go...all is good. Now if you didnt have insurance/couldn't afford the deduc....we could have pitched in a bit. I would have sent you a free lever,bar ends are different I think from Gen II to Gen I...and I only have a damaged right mirror myself...:laugh: I need 1 too.

Can would have been easy too. The plastics is where we would have been fugged. :banghead:

RSD.

help.jpg

Last time I checked reporting a hit and run is a good thing?
So no bad Kharma shoulda been inbound? The worlds a messed up place and the bike Gods chose you to pick on is all. :laugh:

Very sorry for your incident! I personally would've never left the bike unattended in a store parking lot. An alarm with a pager, perimeter sensor, and a tilt sensor - like Scorpio - is a must. If someone gets close to the bike, let alone sit on a bike, the alarm goes off, and your remote beeps right away. You run out of the store to catch the perp.

Absolutely not your fault. Just gotta be very vigilant - for the future. For me, all shopping is done by car. Bike is for having fun, and stays with me all the time. If I leave the site of the bike even for a minute, the alarm is always ON.

In the early days, when I was still on Katana 600, I rode a few times with a guy. Forgot his name, but he was on the board years ago. He was taking a long distance trip and somewhere along the way stopped at the gas station. Went to the bathroom for a mintue. When he was back, the bike was gone. The theory goes there was a van sitting at the gas station, waiting for a biker to stop and go to the bathroom...

I also witnessed an attempt to steal my neighbor's ZX12 at 7 pm, right under his first floor window where the bike was parked. A van stopped in the middle of the road, 4 guys got out, lifted his bike, alarm went off, my neighbor runs out with a baseball bat, the thieves can't make it to the van, drop the bike in the middle of the street, jump in the van, and speed away. This entire episode took about the same time it took you to read this paragraph. Another 10-15 sec, and the bike would've been gone.

Just gotta be very vigilant. Never know when the bad guys, or idiot guys, or curious guys are gonna strike.

Best of luck with repairs.

This happened about 4 years ago with my '03 "Busa . The insurance agent that we've been with for 10 years listed it as an "act of God" . Basically that the wind knocked the bike over,she said State Farm understands motorcycles are relatively light compared to other vehicles and this is common and wont hurt my claim record . I had an estimate done and the day after that an adjuster came over looked at the bike,looked at the estimate and cut me a check right there . My premium NEVER went up and I took the check and my bike and got myself a new '08 . I learned having am understanding agent and a good insurance company are worth the premiums .

Very sorry for your incident! I personally would've never left the bike unattended in a store parking lot. An alarm with a pager, perimeter sensor, and a tilt sensor - like Scorpio - is a must. If someone gets close to the bike, let alone sit on a bike, the alarm goes off, and your remote beeps right away. You run out of the store to catch a perp.

I agree with the alarm part Iggy...but never leaving yer bike unattended in a store parking lot...

I have always held to the fact that I own my bike,it doesn't own me. I have buddies that would never go to certain places..."Where are we gonna leave the bikes?" they would say.

I would always say..."Either you own yer bike or it own's you." I'd leave my pro-street (estimated value $88,500,oo) in all sorts of places. Usually on the sidewalk thou...:whistle:
'cause I'm an azzhole. :laugh:

RSD.

OC.jpg

SO.... My alarm system was on my hip at the time, HK USP.45 - It obviously did me no good this time. My State Farm Agent is cool, I will discuss the "Act of GOD" with him on Monday. I have a $500 deductible for COMP/COLLISION - Dont know what my AOG deductible is...

I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY BUSA ALONE AGAIN!!!.. Lesson learned.. I am still trying to understand why it was on its side, Wind? Vandalism? Photo Op? Just really gets under my skin, however I am happy that this community of Busa lovers is here and I thank you all very much...

I'm always here and can pick it up for some nice repairs. I work with all major insurance companies...

Yes... The cops were called... I was hesitant to file a claim due to my claim free record. After pricing all the parts on a OEM Suzuki parts website I am looking at $2100 just in parts. The dealership quoted my higher prices on the parts and the labor is what it is...

I called my agent at home and he came over to look at it, he is as frustrated as I am, and will take care of it on Monday.

I will take the advice and get a Yoshi 4-1 pipe since it is cheaper than the stock exhaust.

This must be karma for me reporting a hit-n-run last week that I witnessed.. Oh well ... We will ride again... after all, it is only cosmetic :)

C-Ya, don't sweat it, don't blame yourself, don't try to understand. It's all in the past, and the best policy is to fix her up, make conclusions for the future, and move on. BTW, I like your hip alarm. It has a short range, but works well for extreme cases, LOL

Smedly, absolutely agree with you! I always stayed with Progressive for the bike, and it worked out to my satisfaction after Sandy flooded my '01.

RSD, I see your point. I guess a lot depends on individual circumstances. I only go out to ride, and ride hard only. I will not go for a cruise - unless I couldn't ride for a few weeks or longer. Then, any ride is better than no ride at all. I don't go to meets, nights, etc. I occasionally do track days and stay in a motel overnight. But even then, I am close to the bike, the alarm is ON, the bike is on the trailer which is locked to the car and I can see them from my window. In short, it's relatively easy for me to stay with the bike. I just can't bear the thought of someone messing with my bike or taking it away. I would feel violated and helpless at the same time, I would curse myself for not protecting my bike. And unfortunately, we live in the world where the reality is this - you gotta protect what's yours.

My bike turns me into a different creature, it transports me into a different world every time I ride, I know every inch of it, I spend countless hours taking care of it, I get used to it and become attached to her. She carried me through downpours, long trips, short trips, windy days, track days, both of us been down and both of us recovered. All of that is enough for me to be protective of her, especially that it's not that hard to accomplish.

These are my sentiments.

C-Ya, don't sweat it, don't blame yourself, don't try to understand. It's all in the past, and the best policy is to fix her up, make conclusions for the future, and move on. BTW, I like your hip alarm. It has a short range, but works well for extreme cases, LOL

Smedly, absolutely agree with you! I always stayed with Progressive for the bike, and it worked out to my satisfaction after Sandy flooded my '01.

RSD, I see your point. I guess a lot depends on individual circumstances. I only go out to ride, and ride hard only. I will not go for a cruise - unless I couldn't ride for a few weeks or longer. Then, any ride is better than no ride at all. I don't go to meets, nights, etc. I occasionally do track days and stay in a motel overnight. But even then, I am close to the bike, the alarm is ON, the bike is on the trailer which is locked to the car and I can see them from my window. In short, it's relatively easy for me to stay with the bike. I just can't bear the thought of someone messing with my bike or taking it away. I would feel violated and helpless at the same time, I would curse myself for not protecting my bike. And unfortunately, we live in the world where the reality is this - you gotta protect what's yours.

My bike turns me into a different creature, it transports me into a different world every time I ride, I know every inch of it, I spend countless hours taking care of it, I get used to it and become attached to her. She carried me through downpours, long trips, short trips, windy days, track days, both of us been down and both of us recovered. All of that is enough for me to be protective of her, especially that it's not that hard to accomplish.

These are my sentiments.

Lots of ways to look at it forsure Igor. Yers makes TOTAL sense.For me the LOVE I have for riding my Busa outweighs the other factors. I'm not stoopid with it,like I said I'll park on the sidewalk in front of the resturant I'm eating at,did it today actually. I'll also ride to a dentist appointment,grocery store,friends house,work,you name it....ya....its a sickness bro. Also depends on the 'hood. This aint the UK. If it was,I'd sleep with my Busa. This is a quiet little corner of Canaduh. Does shi7 still get stolen? Of course. But its usually an un-locked dirt bike from a shed in the middle of the night. I dont lock my bike at night ever,sometimes even leave it in the car port....but I also have an alarm that wont drain a battery...it'll drain a bowl of food in a fuggin' hurry thou...

RSD Bro....RSD.

rott.jpg

To All my fellow hayabusa.org brothers and sisters... Here is the update...

I took the insurance money, the 2011 Busa fetched me a nice $2800 profit and I am now the owner of a new 2013 Busa.

0% Interest, and FREE yoshimura exhaust. Speedo Healer, XTRE, HID Low Beam, LED High Beam, LED Tail Light, LED Turn Signals, Brembo Brakes

Thanks Suzuki & Mike @ Aurora Suzuki

13 busa.jpg

Back