Wow, what happened?

That is a great teaching tool. Look into the corner, lean and his day would of been a hell of a lot better.

That is a great teaching tool. Look into the corner, lean and his day would of been a hell of a lot better.

That is why I posted it. Hard to tell, but I think he could have pulled off the corner and made it if he had just committed and leaned the bike, hard to say.

Well he hit the rear brake, steered into the skid, looked where he wanted to crash (I suppose if you'd want to even crash), put the bike down and made a nice exit instead of holding on....I'd say it's pretty text book if you find yourself in that kind of situation.

I can tell you guys from experience, IF something like this happens in front of you, dont try to stop and target fixate. Look away and finish the turn and then stop.

I can tell you guys from experience, IF something like this happens in front of you, dont try to stop and target fixate. Look away and finish the turn and then stop.

Truth spoken.

I would say he panicked didn't even look like he tried to make the corner.

he saw the picture we posted up about pu_ _ys drifting in cars and real men drift on bikes...so he thought he'd try it..:rofl:

...didn't even look like he tried to make the corner.

Yep, that's what I saw, too - he was looking right where he went - had he looked to where he wanted to be, he would have probably gone right through the corner.

Glad he was OK...could have been far worse.

Ok class, so what do we do. Look where you want to go. Enter slow and roll out on the gas. Trust your tires. What else needs to be said?

In my opinion, barring any unforeseen mechanical problem, that was totally rider Panic, he was not that fast in that turn and was wide enough to get a lean on. I am just glad he did not snap his neck on the piling that was holding the guardrail, just after he went over, his head and shoulder hit the wood pretty hard.
Bubba

I think he did it on purpose so we could all watch the video...(amazing that there was a video dweeb right there to record the whole thing)...so we could laugh at him and commiserate and all agree that that's what we don't want to do...

:rofl:

Just kidding...:whistle:

Everytime I found myself in a situation where I think I am not Going to make it. Brake Hard before the turn then Commit. You might drag some pegs and other PARTS :) but I have allways made it..............Trust your tires. Worst case is a Lowside then at least you can slide your way out...............Hopefully :please:

Then Change your SHORTS :rulez:

OMGoodness!!! Looks like from the area on the guardrail where he hit this hasn't been the first time for that area. Mighty lucky, would like to have seen footage from just behind also.

Back