Wow this is nuts.

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
She dared a deputy constable to shock her with a Taser.

So, he did .http://video.rr.com/?v=InT1TL4io3HbreglqLzG6xHnH655QFHD

Video released by a Travis County Constable's Office shows Deputy Chris Bieze confronting 72-year-old Kathryn Winkfein after stopping her for speeding on May 11 just outside Austin.

Video from a camera mounted in the deputy's car shows Winkfein cursing and challenging the deputy and even daring him to use the Taser on her.

"You're going to shove me? You're going to shove a 72-year-old woman?" she yelled.

Winkfein told KTBC-TV in Austin that she did nothing to provoke the use of the Taser.

But Precinct 3 Sgt. Maj. Gary Griffin said Bieze used the Taser only after Winkfein became combative.

There was no immediate comment from Winkfein on Wednesday. A call to her home was answered by a fax machine.

Last edited:
not even going to look at this but I bet it gets some unwanted attentions... I smell FAIL...

yah randy i aggree wasnt posting this as a bashing type of thing toward leos i founf this on another forum and was shocked man i couldnt beleive it. I am a former LEO myself about 10 years ago. And i hope it doesnt become that because it deffintly wasnt intended i couldnt beleive a 72 year old woman would snap out like she was she was going crazy.Was just putting this up as a current events type of thingy.

Last edited:
Hey ya know what i look at it like he warned her and she kept on thats usually how it goes. The leo warns someone but they will push and push until he has to act and then people are but hurt lol. blows my mind

He didnt have to use the tazer. Shes 72. There are other ways to arrest her for yapping her mouth.

which would be??? lets see pepper spray??? night stick????? gun??? body slam to the ground to arrest her???

don't see nothing wrong she thinks cause she 72 she can do what ever she wants.

Or is this one of those women thing where they say what they want but don't really mean it. She asked for it she got it whats the problem??? maybe next time instead of asking for the tazer she will ask for handcuffs and cooperate:rofl:

You ever have to deal with a senior on Geritol those are some dangerous people... worse than crack heads.:laugh: He should have told her he was going to go to her house and take the plastic off the furniture and sit on it while eating spaghetti.
And in the guys defense old people can be scary... not joking this time.

which would be??? lets see pepper spray??? night stick????? gun??? body slam to the ground to arrest her???

don't see nothing wrong she thinks cause she 72 she can do what ever she wants.

Or is this one of those women thing where they say what they want but don't really mean it. She asked for it she got it whats the problem??? maybe next time instead of asking for the tazer she will ask for handcuffs and cooperate:rofl:

Oh common. A grown a$$ man cant take down an old lady without a tazer? All he had to do is trip her to get her on the ground, pull her shirt over her head to shut her up... but she did ask for it lol.

the clip seems edited a bit, would like to see the entire video but it did appear that there were other options. She was belligerant and possibly drunk from the way she acted but I suspect a good arm bar would have put her in the same position.

I actually think that a tazer is a safer option than physical contact. I haven't watched the vid but if you think about it why should a Cop even bother with physical contact when he/she can safely drop you with minimal work or damage. As long as it is used in the appropriate manner I would only have a problem with them using it on a child... and by child I mean child not teenager. Just because you are old drunk and stupid doesn't mean you should be treated with kid gloves.

But then again I am a di#k.

Last edited:
I love the fact that she got caught on tape lying! Old bluehair got what she deserved...

...he prolly kept her from turing left in front of a mortorcycle later in the day.
We should all be thankful.:bowdown:

I usually dont get involved with this, but I feel that I have to say something. I actually saw this on the news and was appalled at the reaction from the anchors. They actualy stated that people should write in to the sheriff's office and complain (later we learned, the host told people to write into the wrong office). As a former Paramedic, I relied on the help of the LEOs thousands of times and vice verse. I am on the LEO side 99% of the time. This time is no exception. The officer was dammed if he did or dammed if he didn't. The old lady was beligerant and combative. If he had let her go he would have been delinquent in his duties and someone could have been hurt by her driving (a possiblity). If her had taken her down like he would have had to if it was a younger person she would be in much worse shape than she is. He used a safe and proven method to remedy the situation with the least amout of danger to himself as well as the "victim". JMHO

I'd say that it saved her a broken hip from the take down.
The officer had to manage the situation and the age issue shouldn't even have an effect on it. Call it a reality check for the old bat, she can't just expect to be lawless because the youth have to respect their elders...

I actually think that a tazer is a safer option than physical contact. I haven't watched the vid but if you think about it why should a Cop even bother with physical contact when he/she can safely drop you with minimal work or damage. As long as it is used in the appropriate manner I would only have a problem with them using it on a child... and by child I mean child not teenager. Just because you are old drunk and stupid doesn't mean you should be treated with kid gloves.

But then again I am a di#k.

How come teenagers are not considered kids when you have to dicipline them but considered kids when they are victims?

For instance, the male teenagers that hook up with teachers are kids and the teachers get it worse. The teenager who gets in trouble is often charged as an adult.

How come teenagers are not considered kids when you have to dicipline them but considered kids when they are victims?

For instance, the male teenagers that hook up with teachers are kids and the teachers get it worse. The teenager who gets in trouble is often charged as an adult.

I was speaking more to actual physical size and the danger a 6'4" 214 lb teenager presents then to their actual age.

The teacher gets it worse because they should have known better than to sleep with someone underage. They are in a position of authority after all.

As far as being charged as an adult that usually seems to depend on the violence of the crime and their criminal history.

Back