Wow Hardee's really?

I eat cuz I'm skinny :)
Hold a gun to my head and tell me to gain a lb and you may as well pull the trigger.
I was 6'3 180 up until about two months ago. Recently broke 200 lbs for the first time in my life :cheerleader: but you can't see a difference in me. My key to staying skinny is swimming.
Best way to burn it off and it's zero impact so it's not bad on your joints .

Any weight y'all lose please send my way as I could use a few extra.

Saiid, how old are you? I could "eat anything I wanted cause I'm skinny" for a long time, til about 35, then after that things changed, and you'll find it's harder to lose it once you gain it as you age.

I'm believer that a vegetarian/ovo-lacto vegan diet is probably the most healthy. These diets inherently include fewer processed foods which we all know is healthier. Keeping dairy and eggs in your diet guarantees more protein and enough calcium especially for women. Add the occassional lean meat (like 1x per week) to keep down cravings and you should be good to go. Granted, I don't practice what I preach, but I'm working on cutting back on processed foods.

Atkins scares me...I don't see how cutting fruit out of one's diet can be healthy.

Agree one thousand percent with this post. This is the best routine to follow.

Fruit is actually LOADED with sugar! :(

You're completely correct, it is loaded with sugar. Natural sugar. Natural sugar that your body needs for energy.

For breakfast this morning I had two apples, four bananas, several slices of melon/cantalope, pineapple, and an orange. I had great energy for several hours after the meal. No sugar high and crash like you would with refined and processed sugar.... I.E. Donuts, sugar packed cereal, etc...

Fruit is an extremely essential part of the human body for consumption.

The reason why the Atkins diet is "successful" is because it forces...key word, FORCES the body to consume fat because the carbohydrates level become critically low due to the sudden increase in animal protein and decrease in carbs (known as "ketosis"). This is very harmful to the biology of the body. It is essentially forcing the body into survival mode for the period of time you remain on the diet.

P90X Workout - P90X Workout Review - P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - beachbody.com

Please just bite the bullet and do this program. It also comes with a nutrition guide. Your body will thank you infinitely

Last edited:
I'm doing the P90X. It's as hard as it looks, but completely worth it. I've always considered myself in really good shape; this workout found muscles I never even knew existed. After the first few days I couldn't move without feeling the soreness. After the first week that all goes away then it becomes addicting. I definitely recommend it.

Agree one thousand percent with this post. This is the best routine to follow.

You're completely correct, it is loaded with sugar. Natural sugar. Natural sugar that your body needs for energy.

For breakfast this morning I had two apples, four bananas, several slices of melon/cantalope, pineapple, and an orange. I had great energy for several hours after the meal. No sugar high and crash like you would with refined and processed sugar.... I.E. Donuts, sugar packed cereal, etc...

Fruit is an extremely essential part of the human body for consumption.

The reason why the Atkins diet is "successful" is because it forces...key word, FORCES the body to consume fat because the carbohydrates level become critically low due to the sudden increase in animal protein and decrease in carbs (known as "ketosis"). This is very harmful to the biology of the body. It is essentially forcing the body into survival mode for the period of time you remain on the diet.

P90X Workout - P90X Workout Review - P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - beachbody.com

Please just bite the bullet and do this program. It also comes with a nutrition guide. Your body will thank you infinitely

Fruit and Veggies are also loaded with fiber. I only recently have learned that the harder your body has to work to process food (fiberous foods) the more calories it burns. Processed foods provide little work for your body. ;) But like with anything moderation is key. The higher the sugar content in raw fruits and veggies the more moderation, but don't cut them out all together. Good luck on your journey! :thumbsup:

But like with anything moderation is key.

You are so right! Moderation is key.

Problem is many do not know what moderation is. Many think that to lose weight they have to change what they eat and drink. Well, it's not so much what you eat, it's more about how much of what. I love to drink Mt. Dew, I use to drink 2 to 3, sometimes 4 cans a day. Now I sip 1 can in the morning and drink water the rest of the day. I lost 10 lbs in about a month and it's stayed off. I still get to enjoy my Dew, I just reduced my portion.

Lack of portion control is what get's many folks spiralling down the path to obesity. (Really good article >>>) A calorie is a calorie, so it doesn't matter if you eat 2,000 calories of snickers bars or 2,000 calories of healthy sit down meals. Only problem is 4 King Size Snickers bars isn't going to fill you up for very long and you'll soon be stuffing your face again and exceeding your recommended calorie intake.

You don't have to starve yourself or be a workout fiend to lose unwanted pounds. You just need to have a general idea of what a portion is. That combined with knowledge of what your ideal weight is and what your calorie consumption should be to maintain your ideal weight.

Little changes in your diet can add up, here are 15 simple tricks for lasting weight loss: lose 5-40 pounds this year by making just one of these easy changes - or more!

Last edited:
Back