Would you ride a electric motorcycle?

Well I luv the smell of fuel and the sound of a well tuned 4 stroke engine,,,,, BUT.... electric is interesting and is proven to be fast with brushless motors and lithium batteries.
I know in the RC world electric is the way to go over nitro powered cars if your wanting speed!
Here is the only electric motorcycle I would be interested in driving..:thumbsup:
Silent but fast!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anytime we are open minded about new trends, technology and choices....it's healthy. If I had a garage full of Busas and could ride by gas stations and thumb my nose at them on an electric motorcycle, I would! As a matter of fact, I take delivery on a Nissan Leaf on monday, my plan is to charge it fully "off the grid" with solar panels for my "daily driver, grocery getter".

your DAILY commute is over 200 miles? lucky.

Yep, about 204. Unfortunately, I rarely take the bike because the tire bill would add up in a hurry.

I think anytime we are open minded about new trends, technology and choices....it's healthy. If I had a garage full of Busas and could ride by gas stations and thumb my nose at them on an electric motorcycle, I would! As a matter of fact, I take delivery on a Nissan Leaf on monday, my plan is to charge it fully "off the grid" with solar panels for my "daily driver, grocery getter".

Charging off the grid is absolutely key if electric vehicles are actually going to help. Good going! Enjoy the new ride, shipped all the way from Tennessee :thumbsup:

Yep, about 204. Unfortunately, I rarely take the bike because the tire bill would add up in a hurry.

You just need to get something that is more cruiser like and easier on tires.... :whistle:

Charging off the grid is absolutely key if electric vehicles are actually going to help. Good going! Enjoy the new ride, shipped all the way from Tennessee :thumbsup:

Yeah I've read a few hotels within the Marriott chain are putting special parking places to charge electric cars. If I could get 150mi range in one and IF they had charging ports at LGA/JFK to hook into and charge while I was away I would buy one in a heartbeat. Problem is range + lack of places to recharge away from home. Even the Volt only goes a handful of miles and effectively gets 40mpg out of the gas it uses to create electricity. I can get 40+ in a new Passat and 800mi on a tank :whistle:

Doyle I will be very interested in how that new Leaf works for ya :thumbsup:

You just need to get something that is more cruiser like and easier on tires.... :whistle:

I'm good with the Busa. :laugh:
I actually get better gas mileage in the car anyway.

Yeah I've read a few hotels within the Marriott chain are putting special parking places to charge electric cars. If I could get 150mi range in one and IF they had charging ports at LGA/JFK to hook into and charge while I was away I would buy one in a heartbeat. Problem is range + lack of places to recharge away from home. Even the Volt only goes a handful of miles and effectively gets 40mpg out of the gas it uses to create electricity. I can get 40+ in a new Passat and 800mi on a tank :whistle:

Doyle I will be very interested in how that new Leaf works for ya :thumbsup:

My wife's office has some solar powered charging stations right outside the main entrance. I've never seen them without a Volt or Leaf parked, getting a charge.

Funny you should mention the new Passat... built 5 miles from my house. They're very nice cars. :thumbsup:

Back