Would you ride a dead mans bike?

Would you ride or buy a dead persons bike?

• No way!

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Maybe ...

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Yes if they died not on the bike

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • Yes, wouldnt give it a 2nd thought even if they died on that bike.

Votes: 112 44.6%

• Total voters
????????????okay then! Thank you narcissus for your input..??????
well, if they died on the bike, it's probably a good bet the bike died with them. I mean, what are you going to do? Wrap the remaining parts in duct tape and run around with them strapped to your back? ???

After my uncle died I got his truck and my twin brother got what was left of his bike. No he didn't die on it but he did total the bike. The death was due to unrelated medical issues. Long story short he used the insurance to by a 1993 GSX1100G. Nice bike but I don't like the shaft jacking issues.

i would definitely ride a dead mans bike provided they didnt die on it. Simply becuase if they died on it its probably wrecked.

Why care ?

I sleep in hotel / motel beds,
i've driven / owned 2nd hand cars,
i've lived in pre-owned houses,
who knows whats gone on in them.
Dont go near the Ocean, folk have died in it !

I've bought plenty of parts from Ebay / wreckers,
perhaps they were from fatal RTA's, who'd know ?

Bikes are just a pile of nuts and bolts.
an inanimate object to anyone who isnt "away with the fairys"

:laugh:

Previous owner of my Busa died (not on it), I had to fight to get a title after his sister sold it to someone else on a bill of sale. That buyer was flipping it and a guy test riding it laid it down. I got it with the stator cover destroyed but not much else, put a stator cover on it and rode it home.

It doesn't bother me at all to own/ride it in fact I hope that my sons take whatever I have left when I go and use them to their potential. Of course I know they have already decided which Porsches they get when I die...lol.

i waited too long to make an offer for a friends bike after he passed away from old age. it was a KZ1300 w/sidecar. i waited out of respect for him or not wanting to look like a vulture, but i waited too long. turns out his widow really needed the $$ and sold the entire rig for $600. :banghead: i was prepared to offer her $2600 for it and i thought that was too low. i would never hesitate at ask a sister for a brothers bike again.

my father inlaw has cancer in his bone marrow and has willed his 2008 Victory Vision to me. i hope i dont get it for a good long time. i'd rather have my dad than his bike.

some brothers and i bought Dwane Sells bike after he was murdered my off duty cops, and rebuilt it, and gave it to Dwane's wife. it hadn't ran in years, and looked like crud. but we fixed it up nice for her, like he had wanted too.
it was cool working on his bike. alot of his brothers shared alot of memories while we were working on it.
his dad still takes it for a spin every once in a while, i don't think she can bring herself to ride it.

its true machines have spirit and emotions, but a lot of it comes from the riders that rode it.

i've already told my brother and sisters to show up to my wake with cash. i know my wife will need it. besides, what is she going to do with 23 motorcycles?
:poke: although i do hope my boy is old enough to put dibs on my Sturgis, my Busa and my chopper, but what ever, i wont care, i'll be elsewhere.:angel:

and yes green bikes are unluckey, no Benelli for me :laugh:

By the time we are done modifying it, we might be able to say its only 50% dead guys' bike. I'd ride it!

So going off the gardian angel topic... what if the guy who died was a pissed off biker? Ur not getting an angel ur getting a fat angry biker seeking revenge on anyone riding his bike!!

Dont believe in that crap. God takes care of me and I ride my own ride. No little dead demon ghost could change that. If a guy died on the bike I wouldnt think twice

Only reason I wouldnt ride the bike if he died is because I wouldnt trust the bike (unless he dies of a heart attack while stopped)

friend aand I were talking bout this the other day, he has the chance of getting an eliminator 900 one of the old muscle bikes. but family member died (not on it) bike has 2000 miles on it. the family wont sell because it was their kids pride and joy. they want it kept in the family.. Buddy is creeped out by it. I say ride it.

It's just like the well used Mosin Nagant rifle I have upstairs. 1942 issue, lots o' character, probably used in WWII, probably killed a few folks. I've thought about that and as stated it didn't kill anyone, the operator did. A bike might be a little different so I checked maybe but I'd likely be fine with it.

By the time we are done modifying it, we might be able to say its only 50% dead guys' bike. I'd ride it![/

Only 50 percent lol...
Ya i would ride it...nothing like a ghost ripping the throttle back on u from time to time...lol..
Either way i would still ride it..

I think this question should be rephrased as; "Would you still bang a really hot cougar if you knew her ex croaked while boinking her?"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

Back