Would you ride a dead mans bike?

Would you ride or buy a dead persons bike?

• No way!

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Maybe ...

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Yes if they died not on the bike

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • Yes, wouldnt give it a 2nd thought even if they died on that bike.

Votes: 112 44.6%

• Total voters
Hey Boney1, I haven't heard that superstition about green motorcycles in many years. Yes, totally old school and I still won't ride a green motorcycle. But putting all that aside....is that Panhead still there? :laugh:

seriously brother the pan killed two people and yes as far as i know it is still there lol, green is a no go here Kawasaki are yucky and green wouldnt ride any of em lol harley actually had a green option for there bikes a couple years ago NO WAY lol

DG (dead guy) parts are good luck where Lamb comes from. It's the old "World according to Garp" logic. Not sure if that movie quote is to abscure, but we're running with it.

heah, but if you remember the movie you also remember what happened in his driveway.

Many mixed feelings here about ( Would you ride a dead mans bike) I have a question for the riders, What would you want done with your bike if you lost ur life on the bike? What would you want ur Family to do with your bike? ???

Many mixed feelings here about ( Would you ride a dead mans bike) I have a question for the riders, What would you want done with your bike if you lost ur life on the bike? What would you want ur Family to do with your bike? ???
I would expect my wife to sell it if it was in at least recoverable condition. My preference would be to someone on this board for a low price or a raffle for the board. If the bike didn't cause the death there should be no reason not to ride it. It's a tool. Just like anything else we use. It cannot do anything that you don't tell it to do (if properly maintained).

When my father was shot last year he had a new harley super dyna glide custom with only a few thousand on the clock. $18k worth of bike and I gave it to my brother for sentimental reasons. Dad never would let me ride it when he was alive so I just couldnt bring myself to ride it now. However my brother doesnt share my sentiment and thats what he rides now. I think if dad wouldnt have made such a big deal about me not riding it when he was alive then I wouldnt have a problem with riding it now. As for someone I didnt know...I dont think I would have a problem with it.:whistle:

I figure the way I ride it, they're gonna have no choice but to bury it with me cause its going to be impossible to seperate my pieces from the bikes pieces when I go,lol. However, if I didnt die on the bike, I really dont think I'm gonna care what happens to it after I'm dead. ???

Liltroy, Oh dont say that, thats so creepy, dont be that way.. Please.. Be safe rider.. Much love to u.. Feel free to check out my sons pics, under fallen members. His name was Jorge Monsalve.. I hope they will help you in some way.. Be safe you.. Kare

Liltroy, Oh dont say that, thats so creepy, dont be that way.. Please.. Be safe rider.. Much love to u.. Feel free to check out my sons pics, under fallen members. His name was Jorge Monsalve.. I hope they will help you in some way.. Be safe you.. Kare

Soory sis...didnt mean to upset anyone with my comments. I dont usually ride aggressively...not usually:whistle: and the comment I made was just kinda an inside joke. Hope I didnt offend and... god bless.

if its a bike that the person passed away (not on the bike)yeah ride it but they passed away while ridding you can keep it no thanks, no matter how minor the damage

As long as the bike wasn't totally balled up...Mark me down as a yes.
I want a solid reliable mount. If the crash messes that up, I don't want it. And like others have stated, Rider error, not machine vengeance, gets people killed.
OR CAGERS!!

Oh. ???Okay.. Guess thats what you riders call it. see i learndeedd something new today.:cheerleader: Thanks rider.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: No problem, and if you drive a truck that would be a BIG cage:laugh:, My mom drove dump trucks and big rigs hauling freight all her life.

Ironically, a co-worker just bought a bike that was owned by a friend of his that died riding recently. His wife is now making him sell it, partly due to the "dead friend" thing, partly b/c she's afraid that he'll ride irresponsibly on any bike.

I own a hearse (actually it's for sale) so riding a dead person's bike wouldn't be that much of a stretch...

Well, if they died on the bike, it's probably a good bet the bike died with them. I mean, what are you going to do? Wrap the remaining parts in duct tape and run around with them strapped to your back? ???

Back