Would you let someone else wash your bike?

DougE

Registered
Today I rode to a fish fry and bike wash with a buddy that has a white busa as well. They “washed” his bike but they missed quite a few spots.

I don’t let anyone else wash my bike because they wouldn’t pay attention to detail like I would. They also use the same towel for the whole bike including wheels.

Would you let someone wash your bike?

(I supported the fundraiser by buying food and drinks)

200.gif

Never. I never use water, soap and a hose to wash mine either. Hot soaked towel for the bugs on the front, Plexus & Simple Green for the rest. WD40 on a rag to clean the side plates of the chain and occasionally some Back to Black for the obvious places.
I may have to use your routine. I start off with griots wheel cleaner, bucket of water and brushes. About 20 minutes per wheel.

Once wheels are done, I use the two bucket method with chemical guys soap. When I’m done washing, I use some microfibers to dry the bike.

Plexus for the mirrors and windscreen. If I’m not too tired after that, I’ll wax the bike.

No water for me, even with my garden tractor....I use my air hose to blow off any debris and then use Plexus and Simonize waterless wash then a quick wax...on both the tractor and bike..

My neighbors think I'm nuts when they see me wax my tractor....

I use a warm rag to soak the bugs (just like @WuzzaCBXRider does) and it makes cleaning them a snap...

I picked up some 3M glass and plastic cleaner in a spray can, it was crazy expensive but a great product...it foams and it is good for cleaning any plastic with any finish...it takes the bugs off my helmet with zero issues.

No. Not keen on others washing my bikes.

I very rarely hose / wet wash them. I’ll use wet cloths to soften bugs but mostly just use WD40 / Polishes / etc.

A while back there was a big bike show do down the Gold Coast. A few of use put our own stand for modded streetfightered jap bikes but it was by far a Harley event, hundreds of them. The Hartley Dangerous crew weren’t that keen or interested and we got a very much Them and Us vibe.

As expected there was a Bikini bike wash. A few girls in very skimpy swimwear and buckets of soapy water, the usual, photographer for aAussie Harley magazine. Standing around with a cold drink admiring the view watching a young pretty girl with a sponge soap up a bike ….. and she drops the sponge… on the gravel …. Picks it up, and gos straight back to rubbing a custom painted Harley with it !

I nearly chocked on my drink laughing.

Back