Would you have pulled the trigger?

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
Mishawaka father arrested for shooting naked man found with teen daughter

A Mishawaka father is in jail Monday night for shooting a naked man he found in his home with his teenage daughter.
Michael Falls faces battery and criminal recklessness charges for shooting a man he found naked in his home hiding under the bathroom sink.
It happened on Cedar Road in Mishawaka.
Police say the man came home and heard two voices when he thought his 16-year-old daughter was home alone.
His daughter insisted she was, so he grabbed a gun.
That's when a physical altercation occurred and the gun discharged.
The 20-year-old man was grazed on the head and then ran out of the house.
Then Falls fired another shot over his head.
The 20-year-old was picked up nearby and taken to the hospital

Nah....more fun to beat him to death with yer bare hands. Now thats a story for the grandkids around the campfire. :laugh:

RSD.

alot of circumstances here.

If she did not know the guy was there (prolly did) he got less than he deserved. If she knew he was there..the father was told she did not and was protecting his family. She should have said he is there once the Dad got a gun.

either way...statutory rape?

alot of circumstances here.

If she did not know the guy was there (prolly did) he got less than he deserved. If she knew he was there..the father was told she did not and was protecting his family. She should have said he is there once the Dad got a gun.

either way...statutory rape?
I agree!
:rulez: the guy better:please:

Nah....more fun to beat him to death with yer bare hands. Now thats a story for the grandkids around the campfire. :laugh:

RSD.

+1

If the daughter said no one was home and a naked man ran out leading to an "altercation", I think the dad's position is defensible. If the daughter intentionally misled her father, which led to the shooting, does she have any culpability?

Last edited:
Older guys are trophies for girls under age.. Statutory rape or not, the girl is equally at fault.
No, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger.

If I catch you in my house here in FL, you better give yer heart to God 'cause yer azz is mine.....

Statutory rape would be hard to prove anyway since he didnt catch them in the act.

If the guy was invited there by the daughter, and he was beaten/shot for it, im gonna guess he is going to have some money coming his way if he gets a decent lawyer.

I can see why the guy responded the way he did, but that doesnt give him the legal right to shoot a guy who has already fled the premeses, which was my understanding of what happened in the article I read. At least the guy was still firing at him after he ran out. Dad is probably gonna do some time over this one, too.

Seems the guy didn't actually pull the trigger with intent. Political correctness spin has the GUN discharging all on its own!:poke: \

ME? i would have had better self defense techniques and gun handling skills where the guy would be in cuffs naked on the floor waiting on the Sheriff.

Black eye and busted lip, optional.:laugh:

Sounded like he shot him in the house and then fired over his head as he fled. (rhymes)

First shot sounded like it was warranted based on the struggle for the gun. The second shot is a bit more iffy.

But if I came home and found a naked guy hiding in my house and he went for my gun I would have to shoot him. Especially if my daughter said she was alone.

The news story I saw last night said that the man recognized him as the daughters BF, and the gun allegedly went off accidentally while he was pistol whipping him. The pistol whipping along qualifies as assault and battery. I still fail to see how a pistol whipping rendered by a guy could lead to the person he was hitting getting grazed in the head though.

This sounds like there are a lot of issues that are not totally being stated in this story and there appear to be IMO issues with this "boyfriend".

If the case had been and unknown male who know one knew...I would have pulled the trigger without blinking. In this case however...no.

Statutory rape would be hard to prove anyway since he didnt catch them in the act.

If the guy was invited there by the daughter, and he was beaten/shot for it, im gonna guess he is going to have some money coming his way if he gets a decent lawyer.

I can see why the guy responded the way he did, but that doesnt give him the legal right to shoot a guy who has already fled the premeses, which was my understanding of what happened in the article I read. At least the guy was still firing at him after he ran out. Dad is probably gonna do some time over this one, too.

Yeah but the family can recover that money due to the potential statutory rape charge as well as breaking and entering considering the daughter "did not know" he was there. Don't know if i'd pull the trigger it attracts too much attention and then they take your gun during the investigation.(I like my guns thank you) , My Knife on the other hand keeps things nice and quiet. better to keep something like that "in house" so to speak.
the world would be better without laywers

In reality I think the daughter should be the one punished the guy already (hopefully) learned his lesson. and is alive to lick his wounds. The Father was merely protecting his family and property. regardless of if the guy was running away he was already in the house adn I think a warning shot was a reasonable way of saying don't come back considering he was probably too far for the father to hear him say it. :whistle:. But I'm a little backwards like that

Yeah, alot of circumstances here.
  • daughter said she was alone
  • father recognized him as her boy friend
  • gun discharged during the altercation

Once he was recognized, nah I wouldn't have shot him but then I wouldn't have pistol whipped him either. If he lunged for the gun, well then that is different now it is a struggle to control a deadly weapon. Likely the father will not be prosecuted or if so not convicted depending on the exact circumstances but the 20 yr. old "BF" I think statutory rape is appropriate as a bargaining chip. But a 16 yr. old girl with a 20 yr. old boyfriend? Alot of circumstances and alot of hormones here. ???

Last edited:
Back