Would you buy a bike you think is ugly?

I would like to see what you could do with it. Looking at your Busa mods you have a very good eye for parts that are high performers and purposeful looking. I have always loved the HD flat tracker look. That would be a cool starting point but I think modding the HD properly might require some fabrication sophistication (don't know if you do that or not).
Me too Arch , that flat tracker look is very tough , real special . No , I don't do fabrication , but I would try to find the right people who do , for the job I want , always have from the old days of oil burning Gixxers . But any bikes other than another Busa , are pretty far off , as it stands today , that's my next mission , so to speak !

I’d take it to another shop!!!!

Yeah the wheel H-D bearings are notorious for going bad. The thing about it that cracks me up is guys will spend thousands on a stereo thousands on a paint job thousands on motorwork....... But they won’t spend less than $100 on new wheel bearings when they get their tires changed!?!?:crazy:

It’s just 1 of those things where preventive maintenance is key. Spend a little now to prevent spending a whole lot more later :rolleyes:
1busa,
I figured you would get a kick out of this! we were working nightshift and I talked to my coworker about his Harley again, mentioning this thread and the Harley talk I had with you guys and questioned his decision of not getting extended warranty and also the fact that the shop was making it sound like an expensive fix without even seeing the bike (he just explained the issue over the phone to them). He didn’t have a good excuse for not getting warranty, but I guess the conversation stuck in his head and he checked his paperwork when he went home, just to find out that he in fact HAS extended warranty and wasn’t even aware he purchased it with the deal!! LOL!! I’m now giving him a hard time for letting his bike sit in the shed for no reason, after all. Knowing him, I’m not surprised about any of this though. I told him to put the thing in a trailer and take it to Harley and leave it there until they get the thing running as it should.

...is it just like the one in the video? That one looks pretty neat, I like the retro look they captured.

I am not a cruiser person but respect those that are. Often times the respect isn't mutual as many HD riders figure it isn't a motorcycle unless it's an HD. I know a few who went from a Jap cruiser to an HD then looked down their noses at Jap cruisers...of course I always reminded them where they started.

. . . is it just like the one in the video ?

That one looks pretty neat,
I like the retro look they captured .

I am not a cruiser person but respect those that are .

Often times the respect isn't mutual as many HD riders
figure it isn't a motorcycle unless it's an HD .

I know a few who went from a Jap cruiser to an HD
then looked down their noses at Jap cruisers . . .

Of course I always reminded them where they started .

That exact ARMY GREEN color too ~ he likes it better than his cop bike *

He scrapes up the floor board ~ everywhere he rides though *

I rode the Ortega HWY around 1979 or 80 .

On my old 79 Kawasaki 750 twin .

We had a Gold Wing,
BMW, Honda CBX,
and a 650 in the group .

Fun but a lot of people
died on that road . . .

Been riding Ortega highway from the mid 70's when I was 15 ~ still enjoy riding up there today & I am not dead *

Stepped off one of my little bikes at close to triple digits & my summer gear worked just fine *

I would but I live in KY now. There are a lot of twisty country roads here though. Just have to watch for deer. I also miss splitting lanes.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/hd-waves-the-white-flag.194475/

Harley Davidson has some new lane splitters coming out ~^~ hope it helps them with over all motorcycle sales *

I would have to see them in person...
I hardly ride my Harley anymore. I always want to ride the Busa.

I bought this Harley June 30 and have 650 miles on it. I bought the Busa on July 5th and have 750 miles on it. I am thinking of trading the Harley for an FJR1300A or maybe a 19 Busa? ZX14r SE.

I am waiting to see what the 19 year models bring. Else I will sell the Harley and keep the Busa.

I have on 4 occasions. My SV650 was basically ugly but so full of personality most love it. My Bandits were not ugly but not lookers. Even my Busa is not the prettiest thing in my estimation, although I have come to love that bike like no other. Then there is my latest the BMW K1600. It's not so ugly but it's so big that it just looks odd. First my idea of beauty is this the KTM. It's very mechanical, looks light and fast. I love machines, and this is a mechanical looking bike if ever there was one. But alas the BMW is growing on me. I'm starting to get over the fact that it's not a Busa, sort of accepting it for what it is. I still am amazed that the state of modern touring technology is no better a bike than a 10 year old design with nothing more in electronics than the ignition!

View attachment 1583632

View attachment 1583633

View attachment 1583634
hows the bimmer arch? u still got it?

hows the bimmer arch? u still got it?
Still have it and I'm starting to get along really well with it. Got the seating position fixed and an ECU flash that fixed the awful BMW throttle mapping. It's a pretty sweet ride now. Cost me a bunch of money and frustration but in the end it's a pretty nice ride. Working on the Busa now. Cutting some weight and removing a lot of the touring stuff. Getting new skins too, as the OEM have been on and off too much. New rotors and pads, maybe a few other odds and ends.

Still have it and I'm starting to get along really well with it. Got the seating position fixed and an ECU flash that fixed the awful BMW throttle mapping. It's a pretty sweet ride now. Cost me a bunch of money and frustration but in the end it's a pretty nice ride. Working on the Busa now. Cutting some weight and removing a lot of the touring stuff. Getting new skins too, as the OEM have been on and off too much. New rotors and pads, maybe a few other odds and ends.
we should plan something for this summer.... I have friends in Newport news.

Back to the original question... no, I couldn't own a bike that I didn't find attractive. Superficial of me, probably, but as mentioned earlier, there is a real sense of pride when you park up, walk away then turn around to look at your ride. The costs involved in hobbies almost demand that they stir up strong positive feelings.

As for H-Ds... I can't stand the style of cruisers in general, and to me, most Harleys look like they should be leading a Pride parade.

Let the fireworks begin. :p

I find that if something is ugly enough, as in really ugly, I can find it kind of interesting. Glad this didn't extend to girls:shocked:

I can not bring myself to buy an "adventure" bike as a road bike. Don't like the look of the front end. The fender is too high. Bars are to wide Overall Just not my thing.

Back