Would you be interested in Rearsets that Allow Lower Footpeg Positioning

Woulod you buy convertable foot pegs

• Yes, this is great and I would pay $400 for something like this

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, this is great and I would pay $300 for something like this.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • That's cool but not sure I would buy it.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No I would not be interested in that.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was wondering how many of you would be interested in buying rearsets that allowed both more racy footpeg locations as well as the ability to lower the pegs significantly lower than the stock positions. This would allow the bike to be configured for touring like say riding to the Tail of the Dragon, then setup for a spirited run down the mountain.

Reactions: c10
Cycle Cat - Home

SRS2 - Suzuki GSXR1300R Rearset System

srs2.gif

rearsets014b_zpsbcec6e93.jpg

cheers
ken

problem is most rearsets are adjustable to go higher for turns. i dont think anyone really makes a lowering rearset. i think there is market for it. but i havnt seen one listed that says they lower foot postion. i bought an adjustable set and didnt get me any lower. i need to find a way to drop them more

I went with the Buell pegs. They helped.

The problem with lowing them more is the exhaust pipes are in the way.
If the pipes were lowered then maybe you could get a lower position.
But that would take some major bending off of the bike to get those pipes lower and out of the way.
Then the exhaust (mufflers) would also have to be lowered too.

Is that why guys go turbo and just use dump pipes? :laugh: Then there would be more room for lower pegs. :whistle:

I think some of the newer bikes are coming factory with adjustable footpegs and adjustable height seats. At least I've seen a few BMW models that now have features like that.

For me I've never really had an issue but then again I've never ridden 10+hrs straight daily on a cross country trip so I don't know what it feels like or been in a position where I've felt I needed to adjust. I got a set of Vortex rear sets and however I got them setup it feels comfortable and allows me 2 do what I do :laugh:

If anything i'll be buying a set of those DME carbon fiber rear sets in the future :drool:

Not exactly a Busa, but just bought these TRW rear sets (also available for Hayabusas), made in Germany, awesome quality and finish and good looking (paid 300€ delivered)

You can place them higher than stock, lower than stock, further back and also further to the front I think, I also needed lower pegs, since I have long legs and now I sit just perfectly

TRW3_zps2d262540.png

TRW2_zps128253e2.png

TRW4_zps66554826.png

TRW5_zpsca2db518.png

Reactions: c10
Not exactly a Busa, but just bought these TRW rear sets (also available for Hayabusas), made in Germany, awesome quality and finish and good looking (paid 300€ delivered)

You can place them higher than stock, lower than stock, further back and also further to the front I think, I also needed lower pegs, since I have long legs and now I sit just perfectly

TRW3_zps2d262540.png

TRW2_zps128253e2.png

TRW4_zps66554826.png

TRW5_zpsca2db518.png

That's on a king right? My knees when shifting touch the air ducts and annoy me, these move enough to help that?

The Vortex go down and to me they look like quality kit. But I need something that go up so I bought Sato instead. I think they make a kit for those who want lower pegs to but none that go both ways.

I had RCC rear sets and they worked good but they didn't have the adjustability and the quality I was personally lookn for so I bought a set of Gills Tooling rear seats and imo they are as good as it gets. the sato's are beautiful as well. was a toss up between the two.

I did however try try the stock rears for a while after havn the RCC's and I felt like I was on a mini-bike after that with my knees crunched up. I don't know how ppl can ride with stock rears. I think ppl jus don't realize how much more comfortable ur riding experience is with adjustables.

these are pretty kool too cause ether swivel. gilles.tooling - Products - rearset RCT12GT

DME Prostreet rearsets do drop the height, but also move back. McIntosh also has some, but again they move them back as well for racing.. I just put the DME's on recently.

Back