Would you accept this work?

greg3852

Registered
If you were paying, would you accept this work? I found a guy selling this online. He seems to be rather upset with what he got. Personally I would have lmfao if he asked me to pay over $108.73 for this. Discuss. Ps zoom in on the welds
59D310E2-A6DE-4B9A-A393-70FA199F9B8C.jpeg

3F044DBE-56B2-46EB-B412-BA36E42314E5.jpeg

30B1148F-0A34-4659-B5B3-D8D8051D4DFA.jpeg

3A7622EE-9579-49FD-B761-52F8040A4BFE.jpeg

B69ED712-783B-4E8D-9E43-32AE17AE1B00.jpeg

It looks 3’ wide and I’ve never seen a worse design. Is frontal area no longer a concern for this guy?

What is the 90* bend going into the front left collector?

I’d be very worried about back pressure and pressure ratio more than the quality of the welds.
Why would you want the intercooler so close to the header? Does that help cool off the header? :laugh:

The welds are the best looking thing about it.

That’s saying something considering I recently watched this video and can’t believe people are capable of such perfect welds.

Wait. Is he really asking $9,000 for that?? Give me whatever he’s smoking!

I weld a little, but I would be the first to tell you I am absolutely not "a welder"! This looks like someone had good intentions, but the execution is just not there, doesn't even look like the individual sections were cleaned up before welding. So no I wouldn't buy it if it were me. That being said have any on you looked a the new breed of laser welders out there now? This is a quicky vidoe clip, but it just shows you how beautiful they can weld. Definitely want!

I’d buy a welder and build a kit myself before paying the lug nut who made that hahaha.

I still can’t believe how terrible it is.

When you reinvent the wheel I thought the goal is to still have a wheel. He decided to reinvent a header and ended up with scrap metal. :laugh:

I don't really see issues with it other then the outlandish price. It's a 2500 dollar kit at best imo a side mount kit is so easy to build so not sure where he is trying to justify the price for sale. Maybe he has a few oz of gold hidden in the header for the price lol

well.. the turbo itself maybe is pricey a gen2 35R garrett turbo with a .70A/R.. probably 2K itself.... and im sure QT charged him plenty for it. Garrett GTX3582R GEN II Dual Ball Bearing Turbo... could be 3000 for just the turbo with the housing and allll the goodies.
A off the shelf precision billet 5858 is good enough and is like 900 bucks and will make 600+ wheel. Probably have alot better spool up as well over the Garret

I don't really see issues with it other then the outlandish price. It's a 2500 dollar kit at best imo a side mount kit is so easy to build so not sure where he is trying to justify the price for sale. Maybe he has a few oz of gold hidden in the header for the price lol
The problem is efficiency and back pressure. You couldn’t pay me to run a turd like this.

I agree with you that it’s a $2500 kit and that’s very generous.

He should have matched the turbo to his “fabrication skills” and air quotes are the nicest I can do.

Again don’t listen to me. Jay from Real Street can explain it. Look at the red hot exhaust manifolds at the 2 minute mark of that video.

The more back pressure you carry the less efficient the system is.

As Tuco said, you get what you pay for and this guy should get his money back from whoever taught him how to build a turbo header.

ahhhhhh... ok.... but a garrett gen2 billet wheel turbo is a widely used turbo at the top levels of prostreet... zona rotor makes some really nice stuff now also. There is alot opf new turbos with new tech coming out lately... but make no mistanke... u get what u pay for. ESPESCIALLY if its on a bike that is gonna be actually street ridden and doesnt come apart very often.
Ya my precision has been on my bike since 2012 never done anything to the kit never removed it once it was installed. The plenum has been odd twice for spark plugs changes. The kit has about 1500 miles on it and these are not the miles that I'd consider street riden easy going miles lol
The problem is efficiency and back pressure. You couldn’t pay me to run a turd like this.

I agree with you that it’s a $2500 kit and that’s very generous.

He should have matched the turbo to his “fabrication skills” and air quotes are the nicest I can do.

Again don’t listen to me. Jay from Real Street can explain it. Look at the red hot exhaust manifolds at the 2 minute mark of that video.

The more back pressure you carry the less efficient the system is.

As Tuco said, you get what you pay for and this guy should get his money back from whoever taught him how to build a turbo header.
My kit is basic simple homemade junk. It made 398 on 14psi a few pipes welded together with a precision turbo and a tial gate. My plenum is nothing special either just welded aluminum

thats very good... alot of people though HAVE had turbo issues. espescially with the copycat chinese turbos... Whether a person uses a 1000 dollar turbo or a 4000 dollar turbo is a choice. precision isnt a bad turbo, i didnt say that. im saying that garrett has the rep of being the most reliable... over along period of time and has the money for the type of R and D that other companies simply dont have. Garrett and Borg Warner are the OEMs choice. and u know it.
We ride turbo Hayabusas we are not here for a long time we are here for the good time lol

Ya my precision has been on my bike since 2012 never done anything to the kit never removed it once it was installed. The plenum has been odd twice for spark plugs changes. The kit has about 1500 miles on it and these are not the miles that I'd consider street riden easy going miles lol

My kit is basic simple homemade junk. It made 398 on 14psi a few pipes welded together with a precision turbo and a tial gate. My plenum is nothing special either just welded aluminum
Do you have any pictures you’d post of your header? Nothing wrong with home made stuff. That’s why I’d buy a tig welder before paying some lug nut for that garbage.

May as well post one of your bike too. It’s definitely another favorite that I’ve seen. The one pic I remember it looked like the copper orange.

We ride turbo Hayabusas we are not here for a long time we are here for the good time lol

Hahaha hell yeah, you guys are cracking me up today.

Back