Worthwhile to buy Suzuki extended warranty ?

umairhashmi

Registered
I was wondering if maybe i should buy the 5 yr unlimited mileage extended warranty by suzuki.Does the busa break down a lot?

I think its only 4 years,you can get em to come down on price so make sure ya deal with em on it,I got it on mine but some here say not to bother,anyone ever try using it?

I got the 4 year unlimited mileage warranty and have had to use it. Had to have a starter motor and starter clutch as well as a fuel pump replaced, and a seal.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136738599 -->

Many people have made use of it. You'll always get some fan boys who will claim Suzuki's don't break...don't listen to them. Even if you like to do your own wrenching, the price on any major motorcycle component is insane. If something as simple as your instrument cluster stops working, the warranty has just paid for itself.

Dealers will charge whatever they can get out of you for the warranty. MSRP is $630 and if they can con you into paying $900 they'll do it. Just the same you can talk them down. After some haggling I ended up paying $500 from my local dealer just before the original 1 year expired.

Keep in mind that the warranty is not 5 years and technically it's not 4 years either. It's 4 years INCLUDING your 1st year standard warranty. It's actually adding 3 years after the 1st year expires.

I didn't get it and blew out my clutch basket. It would have been covered, but being I procrastinated until it was too late I had to pay >$700 out of pocket for parts and labor. Hmm that's more than the friggen warranty, get it bro. Better to have it an not need it than to need it and not have it!

good thread, i'm gettin' my new bus in feb.' and i'm adding the extended warranty. glad to see the price on here. i did know that you can haggle with the price of the warranty but did'nt know how much. thanks AGAIN guys.

My busa had a valve cover gasket that wasn't sealed properly when I bought it and after about a year it started leaking oil. I took it to the dealer, told them I had the warranty, no questions asked they even put a complete gasket kit on the motor to ensure no future issues with the seals, and I paid 0$. That warranty is gold in my opinion.

if you come up or "over" to tampa....a dealer there will refund it if you never use it.

somethings it adds to the warranty that some miss are the up to 50.00 in towing fee coverage and 20.00 or perday car rental fee coverage.

This is almost the complete opposite opinion I got when I asked the same question. The majority said not to get the extended warranty. Very curious.

Its 4 years, and It costs the dealer around $330. So haggle with that knowledge.

PS: Your warranty is only as good as the dealer. If they are good = your warranty is good. Many dealers f-up their service depts and dont care about the customers.

In my experience, the ext warranty isn't worth it.

I had such a hard time getting them to do anything on mine in the first year I said forget it on the warranty.  The tards had my bike for almost three months to replace a chain and sprocket (lonnnnnnnnnggggg  story) They basically told me that Suzuki will not warranty anything on the drivetrain on a Busa. If they do that on the factory warranty, why would they be any better on an aftermarket warranty.

Granted, it depends on your dealer. If they are great to work with, then the warranty may be good. If not, well..........

I figured that I would just take it to an independent person I trusted if it was something I couldn't handle on my own.

<!--EDIT|Ludicrous Speed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136769204 -->

Back