worst taillight for a hayabusa EVER

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Note: The LEDs came on the bike when I bought it.

Well my taillights started to burn out 6 bulbs at a time. It has about 100 LEDs on the bought in a circuit of 6 to a row.

So I had a co-worker pull the board and take a look, and this is what we found (We make weather equipment for the government and we design and make our own circuit boards)..

On a board of 100 LEDs... there are only 2 resistors for every 50 bulbs!!!!
Whoever made this board is the WORST engineer ever!! We looked into how much the 2 black resistors are, they are 3 cents a piece!!... you need about 1 resists for every 10 bulbs (or in this case, 1 for every 6).... why would they not just pay the extra 30 cent and make a great board!!?!??

DO NOT BUY this product. bulbs will start to short circuit and start popping.
I believe they sell these for 150 bucks??...and it took them about 15 bucks to make it.

2009-07-11 13.28.35.jpg

2009-07-11 13.28.45.jpg

What do the resistors do? I'm sure you are right--some cheap knockoff, but what would a resistor of what ohms do for the LEDs. Curiosity question.

i was told its more of a safe guard...

if you had a resistor for every 6 bulbs..if 1 set started going bad, that one set would burn out and not jump to the next set like its doing now (or did), there are about 6 good LEDS left on that board.

i was told its more of a safe guard...

if you had a resistor for every 6 bulbs..if 1 set started going bad, that one set would burn out and not jump to the next set like its doing now (or did), there are about 6 good LEDS left on that board.

OK, I got it. The resistors are sort a fire break to keep failing LEDs from taking the rest out. Thanks for the answer. I seem to fixate on this kind of stuff.

Someone should contact the vendor so they can come here and tell us all how they sell the greatest products with zeros failures....and they will look into these claims so we will never hear from them again...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah. This could be an opportunity to capture a new market. Tail lights that actually work.

Can you make us a board???

redkat05 can make boards..
Tail light or turn sigs he did mine and they turned out sweet, quality work and so far know problemo.. :thumbsup:

redkat05 (Jayson) is the man for the job.. reasonably priced as well.. :whistle:

Do it. Make a decent tail light. Lord knows Clear Alternatives can't. My new LED board is 1 month old and has stopped working partially..

well i didnt know red could do that...mabey we should look into doing some wild led lighting for our busas lol

Back