worst taillight for a hayabusa EVER

I got lucky!
Mine didn't fit, so I returned it and got the charges reversed on my credit card. Seemed like a hassle at the time. Now I am glad!!

CW

the thing that does work is the tinted cover it comes with!

i just went to shucks and bought one of these https://www.superbrightleds.com and it works GREAT!

Do it. Make a decent tail light. Lord knows Clear Alternatives can't. My new LED board is 1 month old and has stopped working partially..

realy? i was holding out to buy one of their smoked integrated tail lights. should i not, and maybe get something else?:dunno:

realy? i was holding out to buy one of their smoked integrated tail lights. should i not, and maybe get something else?:dunno:

the lens is great like i said..see if you can just buy just the lens and throw in 2 led bulbs like i did. look look awesome at night. i could take a pic if you want.

Do it. Make a decent tail light. Lord knows Clear Alternatives can't. My new LED board is 1 month old and has stopped working partially..

I'm seeing this more and more on commercial vehicles like trucks or buses. Part of a replaced brake light will work, with other elements burned out. I'm guessing that quality LEDs that are bright make the difference, instead of cheap LEDs.

My left rear intergrated signal does'nt flash amber anymore, only red. This is the second one I've had to replace for the same problem, it was purchased at Clear Alternatives.

I forwent all that & make my own now. I don't have facilities large enough, well I should say, "sustainably safe enough" to start tryin to make my own printed circuitboards & what not with acid, etc. I just use perfboard. Took InfiniteReality's idea for the UFO lenses for my UFO, those I didn't like so i chopped the undertail to accept stock taillight lense & I made an LED board for MCmustang, VicE055(or whatever his username is lol), some for Rockadaous's hotbodies, Doyle's, and I'm on my 2nd for myself
Posted via Mobile Device

I forwent all that & make my own now. I don't have facilities large enough, well I should say, "sustainably safe enough" to start tryin to make my own printed circuitboards & what not with acid, etc. I just use perfboard. Took InfiniteReality's idea for the UFO lenses for my UFO, those I didn't like so i chopped the undertail to accept stock taillight lense & I made an LED board for MCmustang, VicE055(or whatever his username is lol), some for Rockadaous's hotbodies, Doyle's, and I'm on my 2nd for myself
Posted via Mobile Device

How much...? Any pics...?

al i ask is that ya pay for materials. It gives me somethin to do. Ask Doyle(dr1300r) he's got pics. Or u can checkout my photobucket vids & pics my username is yoyojeems
Posted via Mobile Device

Send me your paypal addy... I have no idea how much materials run... send me a pm with a $ amount and addy...

here's a link to my hillbilly you tube video..

Tail light and rear turn signals done by redkat05..

There's also a hyper lite brake light in there as well as brake lights in the turn signals..

YouTube - DR1300R's Channel

the lens is great like i said..see if you can just buy just the lens and throw in 2 led bulbs like i did. look look awesome at night. i could take a pic if you want.

a pic would be great. where did you get your lens from? this sounds like the best way to go in the long run.

i have the clear alternatives integrated signal and other than blinker speed (resistor problem) it has worked great so far.....so here's hoping....

The product also has you install resistors in the line for the turn signals, could that be the reason less in the board??

LED's should not burn out unless the current limiting resistors failed to limit the current! Back in my undergraduate Electrical Engineering classes, we built some simple LED circuits in lab class. It's been many years, but if memory serves me right, LED's have a fairly narrow band of voltages and currents they can tolerate before they illuminate properly. Too much current will cause them to fail prematurely. With the proper circuit design, they should last tens of thousands of hours. I think somebody put together a product without doing their homework. If Electrical Engineering was easy, there'd be a whole lot more of us.

Skinn, It depends on how many LEDs u want in there, and THAT depends on what kinda pattern u want for running/brake/turn signals, ask doyle, went back & forth with different examples usin photoshop to create animated gifs as examples. However, my computer is no longer functional so I can't do that. If u wanna draw up a couple pics on a program j email me the pics pm me & i'll give u my email. We can then go from there on materials cost.

Doyle bought i think 200 red LEDs and still has some left over. 200 was like $25 i think

I have mine integrated usin the U-Haul trailer convertor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skinn, It depends on how many LEDs u want in there, and THAT depends on what kinda pattern u want for running/brake/turn signals, ask doyle, went back & forth with different examples usin photoshop to create animated gifs as examples. However, my computer is no longer functional so I can't do that. If u wanna draw up a couple pics on a program j email me the pics pm me & i'll give u my email. We can then go from there on materials cost.

Doyle bought i think 200 red LEDs and still has some left over. 200 was like $25 i think

I have mine integrated usin the U-Haul trailer convertor.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm easy... Something like this will work...

200 Leds sounds good. you can get creative if you want, I have two intergrated lights now sitting in my tool box...

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, theres no way in hell, well, i take that back.....I CAN get 200 on a board but its a P.I.T.A. Did it on MCmustang's bike. Safe bet to have like 120 easy. I'll have to look on My Ebay & contact the seller I got LEDs from before see if he's got any other deals goin & get back with u how's that sound?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back