Worst day ever

Well I’ll know more soon, but it may be time to call it quits. Not sure at this point if it’s worth pursuing. Block at a minimum needs repair. The valves in the head got pushed past the valve seats. I’m guessing but I would imagine that means oversized valves. New piston, new crank and possibly a new transmission or a gear. If that’s all the damage then it’s not going to be financially viable to repair.

Well I’ll know more soon, but it may be time to call it quits. Not sure at this point if it’s worth pursuing. Block at a minimum needs repair. The valves in the head got pushed past the valve seats. I’m guessing but I would imagine that means oversized valves. New piston, new crank and possibly a new transmission or a gear. If that’s all the damage then it’s not going to be financially viable to repair.
Just call APE and see how much to repair the crank/head.... call frank and get a quote...… and then we will know whats what...…...

So I’m at a wedding now. Drove the Tri-Glide. After the wedding in an empty parking lot, someone crashed into it and broke my right side fender. I can’t begin to describe my anger right now. Can’t see it but the entire side is cracked

So I’m at a wedding now. Drove the Tri-Glide. After the wedding in an empty parking lot, someone crashed into it and broke my right side fender. I can’t begin to describe my anger right now. Can’t see it but the entire side is cracked
View attachment 1600534
WHAT? You should just stay home and wrap yourself in bubble wrap....

Did you walk under a ladder or cross a black cat or what?

Well a little good news for a change. I checked out my head a little deeper and there is no damage to it. I would still change the two valves that are suspect, but there is no damage to the seats. So that is encouraging.

If it wasn't for all of you guys here I think I would have lost my mind already. The Tri-Glide that was hit today is shared with my brother and belonged to my deceased father. It has more sentimental value than any price that could be put on it. Seeing it hit today, lets just say it wasn't easy. I just want to call out Rob from Boosted, Frank from PowerHouse, Ali (Danny), and everyone else who has offered help. This project was very expensive to me, extremely time consuming, and beyond frustrating. I have been going back and forth with giving up and would have already if not for this forum. My wife and I are amazed with the generosity and sense of family here. There is nothing like it. It's often said around here, but to FEEL it is another thing. This place is a family. Thank you all again. I will be calling all cars for some help once I finish grieving and tear it down completely.

I feel sick for you man. Your speed in taking things apart and assessing is pretty cool. I definitely would have pushed it into the corner for awhile! You’re problem is going to be the temptation to build something bigger and badder now but I would try to get it back to how you had it because you’re gonna have that combo scienced out now.

Well a little good news for a change. I checked out my head a little deeper and there is no damage to it. I would still change the two valves that are suspect, but there is no damage to the seats. So that is encouraging.

If it wasn't for all of you guys here I think I would have lost my mind already. The Tri-Glide that was hit today is shared with my brother and belonged to my deceased father. It has more sentimental value than any price that could be put on it. Seeing it hit today, lets just say it wasn't easy. I just want to call out Rob from Boosted, Frank from PowerHouse, Ali (Danny), and everyone else who has offered help. This project was very expensive to me, extremely time consuming, and beyond frustrating. I have been going back and forth with giving up and would have already if not for this forum. My wife and I are amazed with the generosity and sense of family here. There is nothing like it. It's often said around here, but to FEEL it is another thing. This place is a family. Thank you all again. I will be calling all cars for some help once I finish grieving and tear it down completely.
Glad to hear that positivity!

Back